22 replies to this topic

#11 Dreamteam17

Dreamteam17
  • 194 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

i looked into besobrides and their prices were only a bit more then the resort and they come to your room but then you have to watch vendor fees..... i am really torn cause our resort had mixed reviews at the salon..

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

#12 jackielemman

jackielemman
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

Thank you for the suggestions/advice! @jackielemman, Good luck! That is so exciting! Let me know how it goes.  How much is the trial run for you?  That's a good idea to do a trial 2 days before, so you can get the same person to do it for both.  Have a safe trip!

@LTR

I think the trial run is $180. Definitely worth the money to ensure I get exactly what I am looking for on my wedding day!

#13 LTR

LTR
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

@jackielemman Congrats on your wedding! How was it at Moon Palace? Did you like your hair and make-up?

#14 jackielemman

jackielemman
    • 228 posts
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

@LTR

OHH my the makeup and hair was incredible! DO not waste money bringing someone in. All of my bridesmaids looked amazing as well!

It was a dream wedding for sure! Can't even believe it's over. I want to do it all over again and again!!!

#15 jackielemman

jackielemman
    • 228 posts
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

@LTR

I just put a couple pictures up in my gallery of hair and makeup! Take a look!

#16 LTR

LTR
    • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

@jackielemmen The pics look beautiful!! Congratulations!! I like that the make-up is natural and not too heavy. Very pretty! Did you have to pay for yours? Thanks for the pics!

#17 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
      • 246 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

I hired an outside vendor. I am paying $380 for hair & makeup, and that also includes a trial. 

#18 kmk2016

kmk2016
      • Moderators
      • 1,468 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

I hired an outside vendor. I am paying $380 for hair & makeup, and that also includes a trial.

are you going to them? Or are they coming to you at the resort? Are you having to pay for 2 vendor fees since they are coming to work with you twice (trial and real deal)? Or are you only getting charged once? Who are you using?

#19 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
      • 246 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

@kmk2016 They are coming to the resort. I hired The Best Moments. You can look on the vendor forum to read their reviews. As far as I am aware, I am only paying one vendor fee. They have agreed to either pay the vendor fee for me, or split the cost depending on how many people I will have using them.

#20 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

@kmk2016 They are coming to the resort. I hired The Best Moments. You can look on the vendor forum to read their reviews. As far as I am aware, I am only paying one vendor fee. They have agreed to either pay the vendor fee for me, or split the cost depending on how many people I will have using them.

My resort charges the vendor fee per person getting services :( just made it sooooo expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hair Makeup Nails, Resorts & Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users