• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

Nope! I think $200pp/pn for IRHS is great for that resort. We needed a resort that allowed children - so it was a good option for us. Definitely inquire about incentives for booking a group. We get every 21st guest comped (so 1 free guest for every 10 rooms booked) in the form of a refund/credit to us, so that will help us with some of the wedding costs as we expect about 50-60 people.

I looked at a Beaches resort that would have pretty much had zero cost for the actual wedding, but the costs to our guests would have been way, way more and we felt a little uncomfortable about that. (Well, also, we wanted kids to be allowed on the resort but we didn't exactly need Elmo making a guest appearance at the wedding.)

Ohh Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay is on my wedding vision board!!!! lol I didn't realize they were less expensive than Sandals! I thought they were over $300 pp/pr?! Sandals is really selling me on the free wedding reception with 10-19 rooms booked. I don't think any of the other resorts are than generous!  

#12 puravida2015

puravida2015
  • 210 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Las Mareas

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

Our guests are averaging about $1500-$1800 depending on where they're flying from. Flights to Costa Rica seem to be on the high side unless flying out of New York. So I don't think it's too bad.

#13 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Oh WOW that's about the same because its for 7 days! Im in the US! Which hotel/resort are you staying? I think $1,000 is decent at Sandals because they include all food,drinks, and transfers as well. They also let you visit all 3 well not 2 resorts for free.

Ohh Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay is on my wedding vision board!!!! lol I didn't realize they were less expensive than Sandals! I thought they were over $300 pp/pr?! Sandals is really selling me on the free wedding reception with 10-19 rooms booked. I don't think any of the other resorts are than generous!

Right!!!! That's what I tried to tell my Mother! I am literally going to cut and paste this and email her and post it to our wedding website lol Thank you!!

Oh excellent!!! Are most of your guests staying 7 days? We don't plan to stay that long 5 days max we are thinking honeymoon in Cuba quick flight over then back to JA and home to the US! I read yesterday its good to get your marriage lisc at home before hand so you don't have to worry about the waiting period. Tech'ly it would be more of a renewal vs a wedding different fees too. I always planned to do both because of how long they said you have to wait for the lisc. anyway!

Yes they all are. In Canada most packages are 7 days so not sure they'd get quite the deal if they went shorter! Generally we do 7.10, or 14!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#14 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
  • 202 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

5 day packages out of canada are usually a total rip off! Barely less than 7 days. When you stay at sandals you are paying for the brand (in my opinion). I do think there are lots of nice resorts that are not as expensive as a sandals, but it's what you want! $200/night is not by any means outrageous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users