Ouch! Tattoos Hurt!!!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

Ohmigosh! That was so freaking painful...

OK, that totally SUCKED. I'm officially a complete wuss with a verrrrry low tolerance for pain. I backed out of the lotus flower & just went with the om. The artist had drawn up a beautiful design with the flower. I decided after he finished the om outline that I couldn't do both (it would've taken 2 and a half hours). So he 'erased' the flower part of the tattoo on my body and continued on with the om. I almost passed out twice (really, he used some smelling salts they use in boxing to revive people on me, twice). I seriously suck! So when he finished (after an hour) I didn't even really look at it, he just bandaged me up and on to the bar I went.

WELL.... he missed 2 parts of the om since they were intertwined with the flower that he erased, so he had erased those parts...

Here's my current tattoo (to be finished in 2 weeks):
    Click the image to open in full size.

The om design I gave the artist:
    Click the image to open in full size.

Now that the pain is over, I LOVE the tattoo! And I"m glad I didn't do the flower; I like just the om! I just want it to be a complete om!!! hehe! Honestly, I don't blame the tattoo artist - I backed out at the last possible minute for the flower (because as I said, WUSS!!!!!). Anyway...just wanted to fill ya in on the tattooing!

(whoever tells you it doesn't hurt is LYING!!!!)
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#2 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if they could give some nitro to customers so they at least don't *care* about the pain as much during the experience?!? :)

The tat looks good Heidi!

#3 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

It looks nice! Sorry it hurt you more than expected. That is a really tender area too so that explains why it was bad.

#4 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:36 AM

awww, Heidi, sorry you went through so much pain, but it really looks great!!

#5 Spazz

• VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:12 AM

It looks great, Heidi!

#6 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

I love it, your a trooper!
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#7 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

Heidi it looks great, but the pain is so the reason I have never gotten one.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 beachbride08

• VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:12 AM

It's cute Heidi! How long did that tattoo take? I just got back from Vegas, and my FI and were supposed to get tattoos but we didn't end up getting them. Chickens! He doesn't have any and I have 1, a small rose on my ankle that I got when I was 17. It hurt like hell and only took about 10 minutes. I almost passed out once and that was before they even started!

#9 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:22 AM

It took a little over an hour. I love it...but I don't love that I have to go back once it heals to get it done again! At least it's just a little part!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:21 AM

I think it looks really nice. More than the pain I'm worried about getting something I don't like later. I change my mind like my panties...lol When I get it together I will share too :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users