18 replies to this topic

#1 MorganRene

MorganRene
  • 152 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 7, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres | Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

I've seen a lot of bridesmaids gifts posts, but haven't seen a lot of "parents gifts" posts.  What are you planning on giving your parents and your groom's parents?

Are you opting to take it to the resort, or give it to them later so they don't have to take it down?

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

We aren't doing any gifts for our parents.

I am not sure the 'tradition' behind it, but we have decided not too.

If it makes a difference they aren't helping pay for our wedding but that is not the reason we decided against it, just didn't think it was necessary.

I had considered giving my dad something small as he is walking me down the isle, but decided on a nice card/message.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
  • Site Supporter
  • 371 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
  • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

I opted to just because my parents are sentimental but it wasn't big by any means. I ordered handkerchiefs from a vendor on etsy and got a personalized message on each one.. One for mom, one for my dad, one for FI mom and one for his dad. They were about 20.00 each. We are paying for things ourselves but I thought it would be a nice touch. To each their own though!

#4 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

I opted to just because my parents are sentimental but it wasn't big by any means. I ordered handkerchiefs from a vendor on etsy and got a personalized message on each one.. One for mom, one for my dad, one for FI mom and one for his dad. They were about 20.00 each. We are paying for things ourselves but I thought it would be a nice touch. To each their own though!

I asked fiancé if he wanted to do this and he said they wouldn't use them :( Unless I can think of something else we will probably stick with no! My dad loves bandanas but can't find a funny and/or cute one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#5 puravida2015

puravida2015
  • 210 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Las Mareas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Probably not. Our gift was basically just paying for their trip. If we do anything else it will probably a small sentimental gift.

#6 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

I have no idea what to get them. They are helping to pay for my wedding, so I feel like I should definitely do something. I dont know whether to get them an "experience" which could be there or something thanking them when we get back to the states...or I could do something sentimental or just a nice gift but I have no idea what I would get them- something together or separate, and also I feel maybe we should get my FI parents a little something, they are exerting a lot of effot to pay for his immediate family to be able to come, and also paying for the rehearsal dinner.

#7 danielleandryan2015

danielleandryan2015
  • 100 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
  • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

I have been thinking about this too. What is the tradition, so to speak? Do I get  gift for my own parents, or is it from FI to them and then from me to his parents? Or are all the gifts from both of us? I have seen some cute ideas on Pinterest. Particularly some personalize hankies or keychains, with sentimental messages that I thought were cute. I also thought I would personalize their glasses and get them a little different than the tumblers we are getting everyone else. Like have them say Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom, etc.

#8 MorganRene

MorganRene
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

@danielleandryan2015 I like the idea of doing a little different cup, were you thinking just an extra sticker?

#9 danielleandryan2015

danielleandryan2015
  • 100 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
  • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

@MorganRene  honestly I had not thought that far ahead! I know I saw some tumblers that were like made for that and they said mother of groom, etc. without having to use a sticker. I thought they looked a little nicer. Probably was something I found on Pinterest or Etsy! I'm sure if you google search it lots of ideas will come up.

#10 MorganRene

MorganRene
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

I've seen those.  I can't decide if I want to get them something completely different, or something that looks like what I am getting the group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users