To Have A Wedding Party Or Not?

@@ANM3 I feel the same way. I think it's a lot to ask of my friends.

I did mention this to my BFFs, regarding the cost aspect, not that I didn't want them by my side, and they said they appriciated my concern, but that's for them to decide. So... we'll see. I have quite a while.

• Like 1

We are not doing a bridal party for many reason. Mostly to keep it simple for us and avoid putting extra costs on our friends and family - but also, when we starting picking who WOULD be in the bridal party it just got way too big and complicated. I'm still going to have my girls hang out with me on the wedding day - brunch and while I get ready and everything. I'd be lonely without them! And my fiance will probably go golfing with his guys that day as well.

But I totally agree that if you WANT a bridal party - you should have one. Those close to you will not feel burdened by it and should be honored to be party of your day.

This is exactly what happened with us too! When we started talking who would be in it, it got way too complicated. So we are planning on the same thing - I'll have my girls in the room with me as we get ready and his friends will be with him So happy we don't have the stress of picking their BM/Groomsmen attire, etc. We're trying to keep costs down also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are having a very small bridal party. Partly because most our friends cannot afford to travel to a DW. We are only having a MOH (my best friend), and a best man (grooms best friend). We have not decided if we are going to add on one more person for a bridesmaid, and one more person for a groomsman. If we do thats still only a bridal party of 4 total!

We have chosen to have just a MOH and Best Man.  Simple is best and it's nice to have someone stand up with you to share in the moment.  We will be having a small wedding of 30 so really there was no need to have more than two standing with us.

We each have 2 standing with us. We kept it small and I kept my side to family only (my cousin and his sister). I knew some friends would be shocked they weren't asked to be a part of the wedding so I am doing a ladies hang out pool side the morning of the wedding to just chill and have people feel included and welcomed. I am sure the boys will find a swim up bar somewhere that morning as well. 

going to a destination wedding recently really solidified my decision to have a very small bridal party. I had been up in the air before, but seeing the process of a normal sized bridal party seemed so taxing. For one, it took ALL DAY  for everyone to complete hair and makeup and that was pushing it. Also, I feel like with the bridal party obligations, the bridesmaids that were only at the destination for a few days seemed to really miss out on the fun and the signifcant others were left alone. I also thought it seemed exclusive- not too many other friends had come and we would have all liked to spend more time with the rest of the bridal party and to watch them get ready (the bride invited us, but I was the only nonbridesmaid that came to watch the get ready process and although I liked seeing her, I did feel kind of in the way and an outlier). Not to mention the cost of the hair, makeup, dresses (if you pay yourself), lunch, bouquets, thank you gifts. So now I very much satisfied to keep it to a few people total. 

It is nice to see a lot of people on here having small bridal parties. I thought having one MOH and one Best Man seemed out of the ordinary…and I was hoping our guests didn't think it was because we don't have any friends! lol (we do have friends, broke college friends who can't all afford a DW). Reading all these posts make me feel better about my decision!