To Have A Wedding Party Or Not?

I am leaning towards not having a bridal party. I figure it's enough to ask my girls to come to Mexico and I feel kinda weird asking them to pay for dresses, shoes etc as well

anyone else going this route?  

We're not having a bridal party. We want our wedding to be about US and be a celebration for everyone. All our guests are equally important to us and we don't want to single anyone out. Just because they're not "official" bridal party members doesn't mean they won't be there for us and doesn't really change anything. It does however keep the focus on my fiance and I's relationship/marriage and eliminate a  lot of potential drama.

I am glad I have a wedding party, but hindsite I may have made it smaller.  Fiance asked 3 guys right off the hop, so I had to ask 3 girls. I probably would have been ok with 1 each. Ahh well.    Yes I felt bad about their expense. I offset the cost of their dress and I provided everything else they need for the day (minus hair/makeup and alterations for the dress if need be).  It blew my budget but I am happy to provide that all for them.  Thankfully I have no BM drama!

If you want a bridal party, then I think you should. Remember that if these people can't afford to come and/or don't want to be in the bridal party due to cost or what have you, they are able to say no.  Most understand there is some cost involved.    What I did to help with that pressure and guilt was first off only ask people who RSVP'd yes to my wedding.  From there I talked to them.  

Edited by calgarybride2015

We are not doing a bridal party for many reason. Mostly to keep it simple for us and avoid putting extra costs on our friends and family - but also, when we starting picking who WOULD be in the bridal party it just got way too big and complicated. I'm still going to have my girls hang out with me on the wedding day - brunch and while I get ready and everything. I'd be lonely without them! And my fiance will probably go golfing with his guys that day as well.

But I totally agree that if you WANT a bridal party - you should have one. Those close to you will not feel burdened by it and should be honored to be party of your day.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking as well. We can all hang out and get ready together. Don't see much difference. Having people stand next to you doesn't change the relationship.

It all comes down to what you want and what works best for you.

We are having a bridal party but we are paying for their dresses/suits. We don't want to have them pay anything extra out of pocket to be standing next to us at the altar since our package price was expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could compromise....I decided to just have my SIL, brother, BIL, and best friend in our wedding- otherwise we would be picking between all our other friends and i feel it cuts down on cost. Ill still have some pics with my gfs, and have them come get ready with me!