hyoungquist

Hurricane Odile - Resort Damage Updates

@@hyoungquist I think we all need to bear in mind the guests who were there during the storm have been traumatized and saw it all at the absolute worst. We are still going to have our wedding there - our travel agent said that even if we were able to move to another Sandos resort, if the hotel is able to receive us, airlines would not be offering waived fees. Most of our guests have already booked.

My hope is that the resort itself is in great shape by the time early December rolls around. We all should keep in mind that Cabo's economy is based on its tourism and it's in the best interest of everyone there to get these resorts back up and running ASAP.

With all that said, I will be sure to update this post as I get more info and post pictures post event!

If our wedding trip isn't cancelled (due to airport or hotel damages) we would love to be a part of volunteer efforts to help while we are there in mid November. Anyone please post if you know of organized volunteer opportunities to clean up or provide relief. I'd be happy to share with our wedding guests and arrange for our group to help out.

@@Emmalu02, Thank you so much for updating all of us on a your note from Lupita! I am getting married at the Finisterra on February 14th so I am more at ease now. I will be at the resort from November 6-10th for final planning and engagement photos. I will take a pictures and post them when I get back.

@@MichelleT that would be so great if you can provide an update and include photos! Lupita definitely set my mind at ease, but hearing from someone like you who is not out to make money on us still being there would be a relief! :)

@@MelissaH113 Good News, Riu has updated their website today and said that Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel will reopen its doors to guests on October 9th and Riu Santa Fe Hotel will reopen just a week later on October 16th. I still have not heard back from Lupita. I'm wondering if the Lupita from Sandos is the same personnel from Riu or maybe just the same name. Anyway, I started to get email responses from other vendors as well and they told me that the internet just got back yesterday.

Hello again -

Lupita Rochin from Sandos Finisterra just sent me the official memo from Sandos Corporate. They have officially declared their re-open date as November 1, 2014. They've also updated their FB page.

Thanks!

Edited by Emmalu02

@@Emmalu02, no problem at all.  I found out today, via Alaska Airlines that the Cabo Airport is not scheduled to reopen until November which is going to be interesting.  Our reservations for the Sandos start on November 6th, which means we will be arriving at the resort right when they are reopening.  I plan to post with pictures when I get to Cabo as to maybe give some of the future Cabo brides a little bit more information. 

The wedding coordinator from the Sandos Finisterra sent me the an email with an official memo from the sandos stating that the resort has a new opening date of November 1st 2014.  I also found a pretty cool link on the Sandos Finisterra's Facebook page which has a site with a lot of good information and updates regarding the clean up effort, resort and restaurant status as well as other information:

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Hurricane_Odile/index.htm

Hey all,

I got an update from my travel agent on all the hotels. She sent me this schedule of reopenings:

(Can't get it to quite line up right, but the hotel's re-open date is to the right and slightly below the hotel name)

Hotel

Reopen Date

Dreams Los Cabos

15-Nov

Secrets Puerto Los Cabos

15-Nov

Secrets Marquis

15-Nov

Zoetry Casa Del Mar

15-Nov

Capella Pedregal

1-Oct