• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xtina111

• 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie planning our fusion Catholic/Hindu wedding at Moon Palace in Cancun in July 2015! My family is Mexican and my fiance's family are of Indian descent, so this will definitely be one big fat Mexican/Indian wedding celebration!  :D

After reading everyone's reviews here, we narrowed it down to Moon Palace because of all the great perks and pricing. I am a little concerned about the beach since I've seen a few posts where others have said their beach is not as pretty as the beach on the main strip. Most photos I've seen seem to show a lot of seaweed on the beach. 

I'll be traveling there in a few weeks for my onsite inspection and to meet our wedding planner. Any suggestions about what I should really focus on and/or questions I should ask? I have a lot of questions already prepared that are specific to our ceremonies and decor, but I'd appreciate anything I may be forgetting  :)

#2 spjwedding

• 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
  • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

this is super basic, but getting a really clear idea of what all is included in your package, cost for bringing in outside decorations  or professionals, and ways you can cut costs since you'll have a big guest list will be helpful. hope this helps

#3 xtina111

• 5 posts
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

@spjwedding Will do! I plan to confirm all pricing while I'm there since we've made a few additions. Thanks so much for your help!

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Welcome to our forum community, xtina111 and Congrats on your Moon Palace wedding next July!!! 

Here are some photos of their beach (as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words) .....

to see more, click on this link: Moon Palace Wedding Album

All the best with your site visit, research and plans ahead.....cheers!!! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 15 September 2014 - 03:02 PM.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 dimagama

• 151 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

How would that fusion work??

#6 xtina111

• 5 posts
      • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

@dimagama We're having two separate ceremonies at Moon Palace, a Christian ceremony in the chapel overlooking the sea and the Hindu ceremony on the beach during sunset It'll be a long day, but we really wanted to incorporate both of our cultures for our big day! (We'll have a long break in between the two ceremonies)

#7 dimagama

• 151 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

very nice! i will have two different weds, a christian ceremony in Colombia and Buddhist one in Brazil! good to know i-m not the only one in that situation haha

#8 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

welcome xtina!  We have helped with many Hindu weddings at Moon Palace.  We are one of Palace Resorts top agencies and was designated with their Platinum PRO award which is their highest award.  We work very closely with the wedding and groups department and can definitely help get all your questions answered.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 SUREKHA

• 13 posts
          • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:52 AM

Did you have a mendhi party at Moon Palace before your wedding, where are you having this?

I am having a civil wedding ceremony but as we are Indian, I want to have a Mendhi/Sangeet Party before the wedding.  

#10 Chris126

• 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're not even home yet but I am curious to get some feedback from you. Moon is on our list as we have 5 children together and we are looking for a fun resort for our kids also . I would love to hear from you on here on my personal email. Chrisleotta126@yahoo.com

Edited by Chris126, 21 July 2015 - 05:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users