• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 TheBHolders

• 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Thank you everyone. I do love the dress in blush, but i tried a dress on in blush and I wasn't as in love with it as I thought. I didn't feel much like a bride

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

#12 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

@TheBHolders - it's gorgeous! congrats on finding your dream dress and getting a great deal on it. I would just go ahead and dry clean it, then keep it in a good garment bag (not the plastic ones standard from a dry cleaner). I think the preservation part is just putting it in a certain box/trunk that is airtight. You can do that, just know you may need to have it steamed prior to your wedding (which will probably be the case anyway since you'll be traveling with it!). 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#13 puravida2015

• 210 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Las Mareas

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

Awww that's a great. I wish I would have known about that shop.I went looking for dresses in Abington, Ambler and Jenkintown before deciding on one that I found in Delaware. 

#14 spjwedding

• 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
  • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

yeah, congrats on getting what you want!

#15 TinkerSofi

• 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

@calgarybride2015 thank you so much. It does have a corset back so I'm very grateful for that. The dress is a sample and i did see some dirt on it. I was told to have it cleaned and preserved by my aunt. I'm not sure why. But my wedding is 21 months out. I plan to get a wally garment bag for it. I wonder if I can just have it dry cleaned first. I'm going to contact the seamstress and see what she advises.
Ok so here's a pic. Now that I have my dream dress I can plan the rest of the wedding.

beautiful dress! You'd be amazed how much dirt those sample gowns have! I bought a sample as well and they cleaned it for me before giving it to me. By the time I got it it was a different color, in a good way haha, it was so much nicer and crispier :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users