Sign in to follow this  
chelseapaige37

Decided On Centrepieces - How Did Yours Turn Out?

How early do you have to decide on centerpieces? I was planning on using my bridesmaids and my bouquet for centerpieces but I'm not sure yet exactly how many guests are attending therefore am not sure how many tables/centerpieces I will be needing! But maybe the ceremony flowers can also be used as a centerpiece. I'm hoping we won't need more than 6 tables - which would keep me from having to purchase any centerpieces lol Costs quickly add up...

I don't think you have to decide until you know how many people are coming, or atleast have a general idea!  

I am using my BMs bouquets as well, but I ordered an extra one (we have 4 tables and I have 3 BMs) because I wasn't sure if I will need mine for extra pictures or whatever.  Just want it free just in case.    

I know that our flowers from the ceremony are coming over to the reception and will be used on the head table and cake table.

I wanted to rent vases but didn't get very far asking the WC so I ordered blume boxes for ease of us (cardboard, lay flat for travel, etc.).  They were pricey due to shipping (ugh) but I had my heart set on them so I sucked it up.

We can have 10 seats per table, so if I have a couple extra people book last minute I can still make it work!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

@@calgarybride2015 - That's a great idea. With my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet, and flower arrangement from the ceremony table table, that's actually 6 right there that can be used centerpieces. So hopefully I should be fine. I think ordering one more just in case is a good idea - you don't want a flowerless table

• Like 1

I was doing some wedding research myself for my now at home wedding next year, and I found these.  My first thought was 'OH! If I was still doing a DW this would have been perfect!'

c177086c51efb1c3c44c31b25adba320.jpg

Lanterns, LED lights and then some silk flowers/bouquet in there... or you do a mini-pom out of silk flowers and a foam craft ball.  Light, easy to pack, no breakage and gorgeous.

Just an idea for all you out there still looking....

• Like 4

I found that you just had way more selection especially if you wanted the sample sized packets. Overall amazon.com is better than amazon.ca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you set up an address over there? Did you just pay for a PO box?

How do you set up an address over there? Did you just pay for a PO box?

I only got lucky once and found a vendor to send to Canada. Haven't used them for cross border shipping - if you wanna do that I used kinetic -- they have stores that will accept your packages for you - you pay about $4 per package. Once registered and you pick your border they send you your shipping address and customer number. I did this for Washington and I had Amols and old navy ship there. Worked great.

Ps - .com or .ca will use the same username but you'll find on .com a lot will say 'don't ship to Canada' so I assume you'd have to go in and change your address to a US one to over ride that. Hope I'm making sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015

@Kat2015  Omg I love those lantern/flowers centrepieces.

I loovveeee them.  I haven't actually gotten excited for centrepieces yet...but these are stunning.

Oh my, I hadn't even thought of this yet! What a great idea to use the BM flowers for centerpieces. I think I will just do that, and use mine for the head table. Maybe add a couple candles, but that should be pretty easy!

I found these small lighthouses here that I'm hoping to use for centerpieces.  I also found two coupon codes so that was even better!  "SAVE5" for 5% of any order.  I think the free shipping one was "FREESHIP175" for orders over $175. (For anyone that's interested)

We're using battery operated tea lights to eliminate the frustration of the wind blowing the candles out. Does anyone know how long the batteries last in battery operated candles? 

14037W_M.jpg

I found these small lighthouses here that I'm hoping to use for centerpieces.  I also found two coupon codes so that was even better!  "SAVE5" for 5% of any order.  I think the free shipping one was "FREESHIP175" for orders over $175. (For anyone that's interested)

We're using battery operated tea lights to eliminate the frustration of the wind blowing the candles out. Does anyone know how long the batteries last in battery operated candles? 

14037W_M.jpg

I used some i got at the dollar store last Christmas at Halloween - 4 hours outside and all lasted.  I'm sure they will last even longer.

if you get them at the dollar store, grab a few extra just in case one bums out early :)