#1 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

Hi all!

Just looking for a quick consensus...Are you giving your guests a meal option? If so, are you offering a beef and fish or beef and chicken? Plan on having a vegetarian option but looking for some opinions on the rest. Thanks!

#2 laquanharris

laquanharris
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

We decided on a buffet option that has included all three chicken, beef, and fish (seafood) I am paying extra for the vegetarian option.

#3 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
    • 441 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

@TiffanyMC I was only allowed to choose 2 main entree options for our sit down dinner. So we went with rib eye and a salmon dish.  I figured it gave people an option of a beef or a fish.  Also if people are not full or don't like their meal it's an all inclusive so they can order something after the wedding.  I had my guests choose their meal before hand though so they picked what they would most like to eat so I don't think it will be a problem.  

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#4 JamaicaNicole

JamaicaNicole
    • 91 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 4, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica (Secrets)
    • LocationPA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

My resort is contingent on how many people you have to have the meal option vs buffet, I believe it was 25 or more you automatically go to the buffet option or you have to pay more to do the sit down meal option. I personally like the buffet option. 

#5 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
    • 286 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
    • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

@NJBride2014 those are actually the same exact choices we are leaning towards...rib eye and salmon. Our thought process has been the same... food is everywhere at the resort so they certainly can eat something else but I have heard good reviews of the wedding meals. I am having them chose their meals through the RSVP process so no surprises. Hopefully that will aid in everything running smoothly. The WC has been really firm about making sure I have a method to differentiate the guests so the servers will know who wants what entrée without having to ask them so I will have to come up with some sort of system or decoration on the seating card to let the servers know. Did you have to do this?

#6 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
    • 202 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

We are offering a beef (with shrimp), a mexican chicken dish, and a fish. We were also able to give a choice for apps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
    • 441 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

@NJBride2014 those are actually the same exact choices we are leaning towards...rib eye and salmon. Our thought process has been the same... food is everywhere at the resort so they certainly can eat something else but I have heard good reviews of the wedding meals. I am having them chose their meals through the RSVP process so no surprises. Hopefully that will aid in everything running smoothly. The WC has been really firm about making sure I have a method to differentiate the guests so the servers will know who wants what entrée without having to ask them so I will have to come up with some sort of system or decoration on the seating card to let the servers know. Did you have to do this?

No they didn't ask us to differentiate I guess they will go around the table and just ask who ordered the salmon and who ordered the beef.  Or I can give my coordinator my seating chart and at least let her know how many beef and fish dishes are at a certain table.  I'll let you know how it all turns out in about a week lol.  We also will have a cocktail hour with food and our dinner is a 5 course meal so I think our guests will be satisfied.  If they are not we can all call room service at the after party. lol This is our menu. 

20140729 180358

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#8 candle23

candle23
    • 294 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
    • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

We decided to just make the choice for everyone. I did check to see if there were any vegetarian or any allergies, there are only two allergies and one vegetarian in our group of 81. The rest will have to just enjoy what they are served! I figure with appies during cocktail hour and then a four course dinner people will be full.

#9 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

We also chose a buffet option to make it easier. And ok, it was a smidge cheaper too. It's has all options in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#10 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

I am also hoping to do a buffet with Jamaican food - mostly to fit a more informal reception feel, but also to avoid having to get people's selections! (I'm super lazy, obviously.) My sister got married in Mexico last year and she just had everyone have the same meal (Mexican chicken mole) because it was quite substantially cheaper than offering a beef or fish.  It was delicious and everyone was happy. Plenty of other food on the resort if they want something else later!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users