18 replies to this topic

#1 MacyLyn

MacyLyn
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 8, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo maya palace deluxe
  • LocationRiviera maya, mexico

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

Hello! I'm planning to marry my best friend on June 8th 2015! We are going with the mint breeze package, based on the amount of guests!
Any advice or suggestions is MUCH appreciated!!
Xo, Macy

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Welcome to our forum community, MacyLyn and COngrats on your upcoming Barcelo Maya Palace Wedding!!!

You've picked an amazingly beautiful wedding venue - as you can see in these magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured there recently.....with more at the album link here: Barcelo Maya Palace Wedding

1800022_10152425661584487_39034496743494

10295938_10152425664324487_7892399728029

Wishing you all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
    • 246 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

I am also getting married at the Barcelo in Riviera Maya, about a month before you (5/15/15). Any questions just ask. I have booked an outside photographer, and makeup/styling team. My WC is Xhail. Our ceremony and reception will both be at Playa Azul (ceremony starts at 6pm). Looking forward to hearing from you!

#4 GingerBride

GingerBride
    • 41 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
    • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

I love seeing so many brides choosing Barcelo!  We are getting married November 2015 at the Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe as well.  I haven't heard from a wedding planner yet, have you ladies?  If so I would love to hear about the process :)

#5 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
    • 246 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

My wedding planner is Xhail. I have planned a lot so far. Are there specific questions you have?@GingerBride First you confirm your date by booking your reservations, thats when a WC will email you and you start planning.

#6 GingerBride

GingerBride
    • 41 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
    • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:28 AM

@cfinkenbine we did confirm our date and time with the resort through our travel agent. Most of our guests have put their down payment for the trip. I'm wondering if we have to put a down payment with the resort for our package before hearing from the WC? There is still a lot of time so I won't panic yet

#7 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
    • 246 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yes we had to put down a deposit before we were contacted by our WC. Our TA did all of that for us. We had to put down I think it was $150 for me, and $150 for my FI. I have tried to do everything as far ahead as time as possible so I do not have a lot to do and pay for when it gets close to our wedding. We have already bought my wedding dress, ring, and put our deposit down for our photographer and make up/styling team.

#8 cometgirl

cometgirl
    • 106 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

I am with @cfinkenbine on spreading out paying for things.  I too already have my dress, and we have put down on a deposit on my ring (as soon as they get it in we will start payments for it) and our photographer. Next up is his ring and his outfit! 

We had to put a deposit down with our travel agent to get our tour operator manifest and once we sent that to Tania at the Barcelo she confirmed our wedding date (instead of having it on hold) and then put us in touch with our wedding coordinator Lilian. 

We too are doing the Mint Breeze package with our ceremony at Playa Azul and then our reception in one of the meeting rooms. 

Another suggestion if you havent done it already, is get an email address that is just for specific for your wedding. That is where all our communication with our travel agent, wedding coordinator and RSVP's will be directed to. This way you don't bog down your usual email account. 

#9 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
    • 246 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

I should have done that with my email! Great advice! I did make a separate email, but I made it after the fact of already emailing all sorts of vendors and guests!

#10 kimmyd2

kimmyd2
    • 75 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 19, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Tropical
    • LocationWinnipeg, MB, Canada

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

Welcome to our forum community, MacyLyn and COngrats on your upcoming Barcelo Maya Palace Wedding!!!

You've picked an amazingly beautiful wedding venue - as you can see in these magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured there recently.....with more at the album link here: Barcelo Maya Palace Wedding

1800022_10152425661584487_39034496743494

10295938_10152425664324487_7892399728029

Wishing you all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Hi great photos! just wondering where this ceremony is on the resort?  I've stayed at this resort and the beach although very beautiful did not seem very private for a ceremony and I've seen other pics of ceremonies at barcelo that looked quite private but not sure what area of the resort complex it is?

thanks

Forever can never be long enough for me, to feel like I've had long enough with you...19/01/2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users