MAC Make-up, My Wedding Day Saviour

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

I just wanted to tell all those brides who have not decided on make up yet what saved my day.

Me and all my BM's went to the MAC store and had make-up applications done before we left for the wedding. They made us all look awesome and gave us a card with all the products we used and where to put them. This really helped the girls who do not usually wear make-up and they all looked awesome.

I also bought a kit from BeneFit called Realness of Concealness realness of concealness : Benefit Cosmetics I highly reccomend it. It really does help out a lot. The concealor worked wonders and I got many many compliments on my make-up. It also comes with instructions on what to put where.

The thing that saved my day the most was the MAC Fixer. You spray it on after you put on your make-up and it keeps it in place and gives you a nice dewy glow. Well, let me tell you that my make up stayed on all day and night (and I was sweating my butt off). In fact, this is gross, but I was too tired to take my make up off before going to sleep and when I woke up my make up looked like I just put it on. It was amazing.

So I highly highly recommed if you only have one splurge, you get the Fixer. Then the BeneFit kit. Totally made my wedding make-up easy to do and stay on forever.

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

yay, so good to know!

#3 chicago88

chicago88
      • 699 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the info!

I'm planning on going within the next couple months so I can get my makeup done then if it looks good buy it for the wedding!!

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
        http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#4 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:50 PM

Great info!!! I actually thought about this..because I don't want to pay to have it done and I wear makeup but not much and I suck at eyeliner and eye shadow!!! :)

#5 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
          • 812 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:51 PM

Thank Julie! I was actually just thinking about what makeup could hold up to the heat and humidity of Mexico in May! I am very happy to hear about the fixer. I was worried that Mac makeup would be too heavy and would melt away in the heat - did you have that problem?

#6 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Galit
              Thank Julie! I was actually just thinking about what makeup could hold up to the heat and humidity of Mexico in May! I am very happy to hear about the fixer. I was worried that Mac makeup would be too heavy and would melt away in the heat - did you have that problem?
              I had no melting and did not think it was too heavy at all. Its make up made for photography, so that is its intended purpose, to hold up. I used the Studio fix instead of a liquid foundation and I thought it was perfect. Not cakey or heavy feeling at all. I used a lot of concealor as well, the benefit stuff, and then the MAC stuff over the studio fix. I wanted to be sure to hide the dark circles.

#7 Jaysgirl119

Jaysgirl119
              • 106 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

That is great thanks a lot.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

Man, I'm bummed.. I was never told my the Mac person here about the fixer. I almost feel cheate ;-( BUt I'm glad it worked out well for you..

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    Man, I'm bummed.. I was never told my the Mac person here about the fixer. I almost feel cheate ;-( BUt I'm glad it worked out well for you..
                    Honestly they never told me either. But they used it on my sister and she loved it. So, she ordered it for all of us to use.

#10 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                    • 812 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Julie! I am going to check out the Mac counter this weekend :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users