Sign in to follow this  
KAT2015

Alternative To Sky Lanterns?

So I was really hoping to do a 'finale' to our formal reception on the beach at our resort with sky lanterns.  Essentially, everyone would get to have one to release and could 'make a wish'.  It would be beautiful in the dark and a nice way to end the evening.

But - our resort won't allow sky lanterns. They offered sparklers as an alternative, but its a bit lame in comparison.

Does anyone have any ideas?  

Something strategic I did was some if the resorts offer free fireworks on 4th of July, it usually costs $1500 a minute for them with a min of 3 minutes which is a lot, but having my wedding on that date allows us to get it for free!

Something strategic I did was some if the resorts offer free fireworks on 4th of July, it usually costs $1500 a minute for them with a min of 3 minutes which is a lot, but having my wedding on that date allows us to get it for free!

Smart!!
  • Like 2

You can buy balloons with led lights in and you could release them. I know they are not as pretty but you could get some with our names printed on. Spreading the love!!!!