Hiring A Babysitter For The Wedding...had Anyone Done This?

I have 2 kids that will be 10 and 3...obviously they will be a big part of our day and yea surrounded by all friends and loved ones...but fiancé and I drink as do a large part of our friends and family...my parents don't. I don't want my parents to feel obligated to babysit at our wedding neither do I want me and fiancé to be up there butts all night. I'm a paranoid mom around water and even though our reception will be inside id like an extra set of eyes on the kids. Would it be crazy to hire someone to do this? And does anyone know if now jade has babysitters available for after hours? I just feel like all our pics will be of us parenting and not wedding like. I want the kids around but I would like their needs to be met throughout the night without interfering with everyone having a good time...is it crazy to hire someone to do this? There may be as many as 8 kids going but I doubt anyone else is bringing theirs. My parents will have the kids the wedding night and it would only be for the length of reception. Just curious if other mom brides have done similar

We don't have kids but our siblings do and we're considering coordinating bringing an extra person on the trip to be the babysitter at times when the adults want to have a little freedom! Probably either a friend of my 19 year old niece or a babysitter from home they already know. Depending on how many people end up bringing kids, the parents might all chip in to pay for that 1 person's trip - we may contribute too if necessary. We really want them to relax and hang out! If we're all at the swim up bar one afternoon it sure would be nice for someone to take their kids for their naps or to play in the sand without feeling guilty. 

My sister got married in Mexico last year and our brother and sister-in-law missed the most fun part of the reception to put their 3 kids to bed :(

Yea most likely my kids will last for the reception bc it's only til 10 or 11pm....and my parents won't mind going to their room then anyway...but I feel if the kids had someone to basically ensure their happiness it would be best....my daughter 3 will want to dance around, eat on demand, and go to the bathroom with a minutes notice...I won't be easily able to do all that in a gown....heck I was told at the bridal store I will need assistance just too letting myself lol. My son 10 will basically just be sure he has access to his ipod bc at every wedding we go to it's what he wants....especially if there aren't other kids his age going which unfortunately there likely won't be

Hi NYbride!

I'm a photographer in the area and thought I'd lend some advice... there are two very active communities on Facebook, search: Expats and Locals in Playa del Carmen and Soy Playense ENGLISH. There are some really good people in there (that I know personally) that could certainly recommend the sitters they use for their own children, Also - check out the playa.info forum

Hope that helps!

Does your resort have a kids club?   If yes, see what their hours are.  I would assume the 10 year old could be there until 10pm at night but not sure about the 3 year old. Worth a check.

I haven't thought about a sitter.

Other thoughts - are there older teenagers you could employ?  your resort may offer after hours sitting (I know ours does), maybe look into that?

I am sure everyone at your wedding, especially your parents and siblings understand it's YOUR day and will help ANY way they can.  I believe this with 100% certainty!  Just talk to them if you are worried.

My kids will be 9 at the time and I just plan for them to be with us all evening until fiance's mom goes to bed/takes them with her.  We will all be drinking and having fun, but we socialize a lot at home so this isn't new for them.

Maybe make sure your 3 year old has toys, coloring stuff, things to keep her occupied.

I am sure your 10 year old will be just fine.

Edited by calgarybride2015

Most resorts will offer private babysitting after hours by certified staff. It is often the same crew that works in the kids club. At Karisma for example, they charge $15/hr for "in room private care" for up to 2 kids. More than 2 kids requires two employees in the room. ($30/hr). They can work around the clock but need to be scheduled 24hrs in advance. On our site visit we looked at their certificates of completion of several safety and security courses and my MoH (who is usually very worried about this type thing), decided she would be using this service during our wedding week so that she could attend a bachelorette and/or have someone in the room starting at 10-11 on the wedding night so she could stay out and celebrate with everyone. (Taking kids back to bed after reception- before disco) This sounds to be the plan by many of our guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk