Welcome Dinner/post Wedding Brunch

What are you doing, if anything, for either/both of these? What is your budget for this? 

I would like to do both, but not sure if we could swing the costs for all the people. Especially if we plan to do a catamaran. But I like the idea of doing a bunch of "events" during the week. I was looking for a way to maybe do a lower budget version. 

We are doing a s'mores beach party and fireworks show for our welcome event (also my FI birthday the night after everyone arrives) then a private thank you dinner for our bridal party and parents the night before wedding. Obviously a reception on wedding day and then a farewell brunch the morning we all depart.

We are also trying to organize some sort of golf tournament but still working out kinks. Most of our attendees including FI and I, are big golfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016
  • Like 1

Having welcome drinks in the lobby bar... So free :)

We may each do a stag/stagette excursion but not 100% set in stone. At the very least will have a scheduled party one night for free on the resort.

Otherwise it's just the wedding and reception.

Our guests are as easy going as us and no one is expecting a thing. Can't wait till they see all our little surprises/gifts. They will be floored. I'm sure we will end up spending the week as the group but won't be all planned out beforehand.

Why not take advantage of meeting as a group but doing it with stuff already included for free?

Edit - I tried to book a welcome dinner in an ala carte and was told I had to book on site haha not that easy for 45 people. May try again once I get my actual WC.

I guess at some point I need to have a wedding party gathering to discuss the events of the big day!! Should write that down :)

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 4

We are having a semi private dinner for everyone the day after we get there, then the wedding and we might do a farewell dinner the night before we leave. Im also gifting our romantic dinner to my parents for their 28th anniversary (a day after ours) and I upgraded it to the dinner at the ocean pier :). It will be a surprise so I'm really excited for that.

I'm afraid of making "too many" special events and making people feel forced to attend everything while taking away from their vacation. We might go to an excursion and ask people to join us if they'd like. I also really like the smores party so I have to see if it fits our budget

• Like 1

We are doing a brunch the day before the wedding. This way, we'll have the remainder of the day/night to relax and prepare ourselves for our big day! And we don't want to feel obligated to get out of bed and do anything the day after our wedding, we just want to spend time together and see everyone when we're ready

• Like 2

We haven't thought too much about this yet - on our RSVP on the website we do ask people if they would want to do a stag/stagette day with an excursion/activity and their price limit.  We'll go off that.  

As for welcome drinks - I think we will wind up trying to plan something as we have at least 7 guests travelling from England and arriving the day after the rest of our group does.  It would be good so everyone has a place to meet, chat, get to know each other. I just don't think we have decided if we will do it just at the bar or a dinner or what.

It will likely come down to how many people RSVP and what our costs wind up being.

We are getting married at an all-inclusive resort so we have asked the wedding coordinator if we can set up a "welcome/rehearsal" dinner the night before the wedding at a restaurant that is on the beach. They will section off a portion of the restaurant on the beach for us so we can all be together. The morning after the wedding, we plan to have breakfast all together and then whoever wants to go downtown can go and see the shops/restaurants and public beach. The events at the resort are included and we will just tip the wedding coordinator extra for setting this up. When we head into town everyone is responsible for themselves and just plan to let everyone know when we are doing activities but it is up to them to decide what they want to join in on.

• Like 1

Our wedding is toward the end of our week, so we're having 2 other events.  We're doing a welcome brunch the day after arrival where we'll give out our welcome bags and see if anyone wants to do group tours using our resort credits together. Luckily this event is free, and we're not going to do any add ons at all

Our other event is a White Party the night before the wedding when all of our guests will have arrived. It's going to be a cocktail + dinner on a terrace overlooking the beach. We might have this be our rehearsal dinner too. We're going to get a cigar roller, and I'm thinking about maybe a Mexican trio or mariachi band here instead of at the wedding reception

• Like 3

We'll do a welcome dinner/cocktails the night before the wedding, which will also probably be the same day a lot of people arrive (wedding is on Thursday), but it'll depend on how many people we have what it looks like. 

Is anyone doing speeches the night before? I kind of want to do them ahead of time so we can spend all our time dancing on the wedding night! I'm paranoid dinner is going to take too long and since the reception has to end by 10 we will be cut short.