Photo

Deciding Between A Professional Photographer Vs Resort Package?!?!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

This is a must see post!!!

***Warning*** what you are about to see is unbelievable!

I was recently at a wedding where the couple had a "resort photographer" as part of their package. I asked them to have him show up at the reception when I was ending the wedding package they hired me for.

We over lapped for a short time... but what resulted is amazing! I can't believe they call this photography! Some of the pictures are from the same wedding... and I included comparables from other weddings so you can see what Im talking about.

If you are considering going with your resort photographer because hiring a professional is too expensive. Keep this in mind!!! You are not hiring a photographer. Fact is... your guests are more likely to take better pictures with a decent camera. Nothing artistic is going to be captured and you will be left with dull and out of focus pictures as part of the resort package.

Check out the images here: https://www.facebook...83524486&type=1

Attached File  Pro vs Joe 03.jpg   241.38KB   20 downloads

Attached File  Pro vs Joe 03b.jpg   97.23KB   19 downloads

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#2 LauraM

LauraM
    • 232 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

AGREED. And the resorts can change the photographer at any time- without your consent! Do you'r homework and hire someone WORTH the money!!

very excited to get to 150 posts so i can see the difference side by side...

#3 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

I agree. Pictures for us were very important and the resort photographers of the two resorts we checked out really did not impress us so we knew right away that it would be an expense that we would
    Have to have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a must see post!!!

***Warning*** what you are about to see is unbelievable!

I was recently at a wedding where the couple had a "resort photographer" as part of their package. I asked them to have him show up at the reception when I was ending the wedding package they hired me for.

We over lapped for a short time... but what resulted is amazing! I can't believe they call this photography! Some of the pictures are from the same wedding... and I included comparables from other weddings so you can see what Im talking about.

If you are considering going with your resort photographer because hiring a professional is too expensive. Keep this in mind!!! You are not hiring a photographer. Fact is... your guests are more likely to take better pictures with a decent camera. Nothing artistic is going to be captured and you will be left with dull and out of focus pictures as part of the resort package.

Check out the images here: https://www.facebook...83524486&type=1

attachicon.gifPro vs Joe 03.jpg

attachicon.gifPro vs Joe 03b.jpg

What a difference!!

event.png

#4 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

I'm Struggling with this. While the first picture is horrendous in comparison I personally don't like either. And that's causing me problems when I look at all these sites - at home and abroad. I get turned off by the shots themselves. While in this case it's clear the winner I don't think you can label all resort photographers as bad and all off site ones as great. That's an unfair assumption.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 27 August 2014 - 08:10 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#5 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

I agree! Maybe check out what your resort has to offer. I was really hoping for a good resort-approved photographer but the only one we liked was way out of our budget. Just keep in mind you might want to spend some extra money on an outside one.

event.png

#6 LauraM

LauraM
    • 232 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

The resort approved photographer and the private photographer I hired both charge the same. Similar to the original post, the resort photography seemed very amateur and not artistic at all. AND they changed their package on me without prior notice. All resorts are different but make sure you check out their work before booking.

#7 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
    • 246 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

I could barely find any of the work for my resort's photographer (Ocean Photo Studio's, we are getting married at the Barcelo in Riviera Maya.) After reading reviews upon reviews about different photographers, I booked Ivan Luckie for our wedding. While I am sure the resort's photos would look just fine, this is my ONE AND ONLY CHANCE, to have the BEST possible pictures of myself and my husband to be at our wedding. I would rather spend the extra money to put my mind at ease.

#8 cometgirl

cometgirl
    • 106 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Photos are one thing that you take with you and that's why we are hiring an outside photographer (Octavio Montes www.octaviomontes.com) instead of the resort photographer! We were fortunate to meet with the resort photographer and another one and just from personalities alone, we are very happy to pay the outside vendor fee. He even has a deal for 10% off!   He does Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Rivieria Maya.  

#9 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

I could barely find any of the work for my resort's photographer (Ocean Photo Studio's, we are getting married at the Barcelo in Riviera Maya.) After reading reviews upon reviews about different photographers, I booked Ivan Luckie for our wedding. While I am sure the resort's photos would look just fine, this is my ONE AND ONLY CHANCE, to have the BEST possible pictures of myself and my husband to be at our wedding. I would rather spend the extra money to put my mind at ease.

Ocean Photo Studio has a webpage and I actually thought it didn't look too bad!   Ivan Luckie's work is nice too!! Glad you found one.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#10 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
    • 246 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

I tried getting on their website for about a week or two, and the website was down for construction. They did e-mail me pictures, and although I did like them, I could not find a whole lot of reviews which made me nervous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users