• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 spjwedding

• 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
  • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I think people want to give gifts. Not everyone will, but for those who do, some direction would be appreciated (I know I would appreciate it). So we are doing a registry more because we are having  a big going away party (instead of the AHR due to being married near the holidays). And also partly because I think even some who will be coming to Mexico will want to give something, even if it's small.

Since we live together, we have a honeymoon registry and a registry with mostly gift cards for our favorite restaurants and the pet store (we love our dog!) in $25 increments. I think this will be greatly appreciated by folks and if we get nothing, no big deal. 

#22 hyoungquist

• 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cabo San Lucas
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

I agree. We aren't doing a registry because we have lived together for 8 years, don't need anything, and want people to know that them coming to witness or wedding means a lot more then anything that they could "buy" us. 

#23 candle23

• 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

We ended up doing a registry. Initially I didn't want a shower, but my friends insisted that I had to, so they are throwing it for me. I can say that I am petty excited just to see everyone before we leave! I figured a registry would give people the option, however, it is not mentioned anywhere and people would have to ask my girls throwing the shower if and where we are registered.

#24 MorganRene

• 152 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 7, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres | Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

We are not doing a registry.  We have already gotten a few cards from people that cannot make it to the wedding, with gift cards (which was unnecessary).  We figured with people spending so much to celebrate with us, that was gift enough.

#25 TinkerSofi

• 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:05 AM

I'm really torn about this. Would the gifts or money come in handy? yes, because we don't live together so we literally have a bed, a desk and a tv along with a few other small things for the kitchen here and there haha. However, I feel so guilty about asking for even more. I've finally gotten over the guilt of making them travel over there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users