• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Anyone doing this option? What do you think? is it easy to convert/is the fabric OK?

I saw some on etsy, anyone with a good seller to recommend

I am obviously thinking about doing this, I hope it will help as I have  curvier bridesmaids

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Davids Bridal just announced they are now carrying convertible bridesmaid dresses.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

I really wanted these dresses for my BM but they just didn't look right. My MOH is stick thin and my other two BMs are bigger and I found they just didn't sit right on all of them so I opted for something different.

#4 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hey girls, I've been considering a convertible dress for my BMs.  Has anyone seen/felt the dresses in person?  If so, what are some reviews?    My concern is that the fabric looks super thin.  Almost unforgiving.  I definitely don't want my BMs to not feel comfortable in their dresses.  

#5 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

@kellymiller, I have the same concerns. What dress did you end up choosing for your BMs?

#6 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

@kellymiller, I have the same concerns. What dress did you end up choosing for your BMs?

The fabric is pretty thin and also is quite "clingy". I have a convertible dress for myself and I love it, but you would definitely need to see it on your BMs before you decide on it.

I went with this dress from David's bridal:

Dbi F12 f14847 2 Psd

I looked good on everyone!

#7 sbjzmex

sbjzmex
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

I love the convertible dress idea, but when I initially looked into it I didn't like the thin fabrics the dresses all came in.  However, I just recently found the "Maid Your Way" Convertible Chiffon gown with Satin belt by Sorella Vita that my bridesmaids will be wearing.  When they went to try it on they all really liked it (no thin, clingy fabric) and it looked good on different body types.  

#8 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
  • 202 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

I tried on the dessy dress - it just didn't meet my expectations. I thought the material was nice, but tying it was very hard and I just didn't think it would look good. For how expensive they are, there are better alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 Mangosong

Mangosong
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

@nadiakat17 One of my BFF was considering for her wedding. We had a different friend getting married who was having her girls in the infinity dresses. So a couple of us tried on the dress one of the BMs bought. I was not pleased and neither was my BFF (so thankful). I thought it fit me funny, but most of the girls trying it on felt the same way. Just was not flattering (IMO).

IF you do go with it, make sure ALL your girls have some sort of support, even just some, ahem, covers. Double sided tape will not work to hide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users