• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Soon2beMrsJ

Soon2beMrsJ
  • 121 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

I love all these dresses, you will all look amazing!! I have an Allure dress too, I thought about getting something more simple and "beachy" but this dress was just too beautiful to pass up :)

http://www.allurebri...m/products/8769

#22 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

I say pick what you like. I was also trying all chiffon. They looked nice but when I tried this one I just knew chiffon wasn't going to cut it for me. We're not getting married on the beach so I think this will look really nice. This one isn't as flowy as chiffon but whatever , it's still much lighter than it looks Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408670284.174032.jpg   337.39KB   13 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#23 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

@Soon2beMrsJ beautiful!!!

@TinkerSofi I cant see yet :( hopefully soon!

#24 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

I love all these dresses, you will all look amazing!! I have an Allure dress too, I thought about getting something more simple and "beachy" but this dress was just too beautiful to pass up :)

http://www.allurebri...m/products/8769

That is beautiful!  So princessy, i love it :)

@TiffanyMC sorry, I uploaded it from my phone but I think not everyone can see it like that. here it is, i don't know if you can see it now

photo31_zpsc036a3b0.jpg

event.png

#25 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

@TinkerSofi I can see now! beautiful! I love the overlay

#26 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

@TiffanyMC that's what I like the most about it because it's an A-line but the actual skirt is like a column or sheath shape, definitely tighter around the curves. It was a perfect combination of both :) and because the overlay is just one layer of tulle it's actually pretty light. So yeah, choose what makes you happy. I had found a chiffon dress that I really liked before trying this one on but there was just no comparison. I never wanted a chiffon dress to begin with, only when we decided to have a destination wedding everyone seemed to have those ones and I thought it was the only choice. I'm not going to lie, it's not as breezy as a chiffon gown, but it's also not as heavy as lace or countless other fabrics. I'll probably die of heat on my wedding day anyway but I don't care hahah, I think that would happen with any dress so I might as well put on something that I really want. Just search around, there are options out there  ;)

event.png

#27 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

@TiffanyMC @TinkerSofi Love your dresses!!  I agree, should totally go with what you love and envision for yourself on your special day! The dress I chose isn't chiffon but is a lightweight material. In a way, I do want to look for something more elaborate...but at the same time my I'm about comfort so I should stick to what fits my personality! Let's see....I have plenty of time to second guess myself lol

Beautiful dresses! I'll post a pic when I hit that 150 mark ;-)

#28 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

As I am sure you all have experienced, the minute you tell anyone you are having a DW there are ideals or stereotypes that come along with it. One of them is the DW dress. When I was shopping, I remember a sea of chiffon sheath like dresses being shown to me and while I love the style and certainly understand why they would be suggested, they just aren't ME. I ended up with a dress that I LOVE and I think will look perfect at our venue but its not your run of the mill DW dress. Its not super heavy but I worry that people will expect something different. I don't ultimately care what others want or think 

I understand what you mean when I first went to look at dresses I had it in my mind that it had to be flowy and all chiffon and beach appropriate.  That went out the window when I went to try them on lol I kept gravitating to the more fancier mermaid type dresses.  I don't think my dress is quite DW style but it fits with our venue and still has a beachy feel to it.  Also I don't really care what people think, I feel GREAT in it!! I say do what makes you feel awesome and it will radiate throughout on your day and in pics. Here is the dress I bought. 

as I know my FI will love it and I love it enough for the both of us lol. Just wondering, what type of dresses did you ladies pick? Did you feel the pressure to pick a certain style or fabric? and if you did, what was the outcome?

@TiffanyMC, I totally know what you mean.  But, as many have already said, it's YOUR wedding day and this is a once in a lifetime event... You  and don't have to go by any "rules" and totally get to wear what you want!  :)

@NJBride2014, GORGEOUS!  So funny, I went in with the same mind frame - "a beach style wedding dress" but put on my lace mermaid dress and fell in love!  And that was the one! :)

That is beautiful!  So princessy, i love it :)

@TiffanyMC sorry, I uploaded it from my phone but I think not everyone can see it like that. here it is, i don't know if you can see it now

photo31_zpsc036a3b0.jpg

Beautiful!

#29 KAT2015

KAT2015
  • 115 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Calgary, AB, Canada
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

I just found my dress this weekend!!! I always loved the dropped waist style with just a little flare at the bottom - so of course I went in thinking that the style likely wasn't for me (you know - just my luck!).

I started trying on dresses - I had a few picked that I loved - and I quickly realized a few of them didn't fit my body well.  I knew I wasn't a satin/chiffon type girl, and bright white scared me (no matter what my mum said about it looking better up against the sand).

I didn't think my stylist was listening - I kept saying, I want some lace, I want a dropped waist and very little poof... And then one came in with all this beading a lace up back that I thought might be too fancy for my tastes... and then this happened:

photo21_zps28a56ced.jpg

photo22_zps33373809.jpg

And needless to say - the dress is mine!! We're taking the crinoline out of the bottom (there's really only 2 pieces in there) just to make the skirt a bit softer.  And we'll bustle and hem it.

Even better - the lace up back is a godsend! No worrying about losing a little too much, or being bloated.  Cinch and loosen as you please!!!!

And I LOVE the way this dress will look on the beach :) YAY!

#30 Soon2beMrsJ

Soon2beMrsJ
  • 121 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

@KAT2015  Love love love your dress!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users