Thanks everyone. Sounds like a lot of us have close situations. I told my fiancé I want to stay under 50 people and we are at 45. I chose 50 for a few reasons. I told him that we have a few couples outstanding that we ok'd to be last minute due to their finances, situation at the time, etc but we did cap
It at October as final numbers need to go in. I said how bad would it feel to accept this cousin's sister then decline someone you invited as you hit your 'cap' with someone not invited. He agreed 100% and will tell them that the offer isn't off the table (for lack of better terms) but since we have a few invited guests outstanding it will be a wait and see. I think this is fair?!? Like was said above - we feel Like jerks and totally shouldn't.
Also I could go above 50 if I want but at this point 45 is at our breaking point budget wise. I know we can come up with another $200 (found out last night too that finally a groomsmen confirmed he's bringing a guest) but what if all our 'last minute invites' decide to come. We could be looking at 9-13 extra people and that's way over budget lol I increased my budget once as we had more people RSVP then I'd have ever guessed. I plan to have my wedding saved by November and again could save more but also want wiggle room for unexpected. I feel we will probably accept her but wanna make sure no other last minutes book first.
Thanks again and good luck to everyone.
Edited by calgarybride2015, 21 August 2014 - 05:28 AM.