I have gone back and forth on if my fiancé and I have made the right decision to have a DW. I am feeling a tremendous amount of guilt asking people to spend ~$2000.00 to come to our wedding. I feel guiltier then when I think about my BM's who will be spending an additional amount for dresses etc. This post though is more about how I'm overcoming all of this guilt...
The way I have decided to look at it is:
- 90% of my family does some type of tropical or other vacation at least every two years if not every year or more.
- Nobody HAS to come except my fiancé and I.
- We have spent a lot to attend other people's weddings/bridal showers/baby showers etc. and did not feel resentful to those people at all as it was always our choice.
- We will also be having an AHR so those who can't or just won't come can chose to come to the AHR to celebrate without the financial obligation.
- For the people who we really want there who cannot afford it we have offered to pay for all or part of their trip.
- I cannot control the price of flights and hotels in Mexico or anywhere else!
- Lastly it's our wedding, my dream has been to get married on a beach with the sunset, drink tropical drinks, eat good food, and enjoy time with my family and friends.
So if anyone else out there is feeling this guilt (keep in mind nobody has said anything to me that has made me feel guilty this is all on my own!) I hope this helps you.
Edited by carmor2, 15 August 2014 - 09:51 AM.