I couldn't find a magnet save the date I liked that was on the cheaper side so I ended up finding a very cute save the date that is a normal cardstock one, and buying a roll of magnet tape from amazon for like 7$, and cutting little strips to put on the back. You barely needed any magnet to get it to stick. So I had the best of both worlds, and I see it hanging on all my friends' fridges!

The uploaded image is the sample of the STD (the back has room for another picture and I wrote a small note about booking rooms and put the magnets above and below this)

I got the save the date from invitationconsultants.com- good service, gave me some extra

post-279229-0-54697000-1408073165_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

haha no it is in March 2015, that was just a sample- I didn't have the photo of mine uploaded. I feel like my wedding is so far away but we are almost getting to the 6 mo mark and things will fly by!

I did initially try to do Vistaprint, but I wanted a cute STD with a map of Mexico on it, and trying to create one without a template in vistaprint was impossible

haha no it is in March 2015, that was just a sample- I didn't have the photo of mine uploaded. I feel like my wedding is so far away but we are almost getting to the 6 mo mark and things will fly by!

I did initially try to do Vistaprint, but I wanted a cute STD with a map of Mexico on it, and trying to create one without a template in vistaprint was impossible

Ya I agree, I have a basic ability for craftiness, but not like some people on here with the logos and such!

hehe, I am glad it's in 2015, I would be dying waiting until 2018.   I have about 5 months to go now (We leave Jan 17, 2015), I have basically bought all the items but have A LOT to put together, design, etc.   

I did my magnets with VistaPrint - they had a good deal and one of their templates actually had our wedding colours!

Then (well now) I just went to WalMart and got a set of pastel note cards from the scrapbooking section.  I have photo corners cut to attach the magnets to the front, and on the inside, I'm handwriting this:

Top flap of the card

Who: our names

What: A wedding, of course!

When:

Where:

Why: Sun, surf, sand, free drinks.... oh.... and because we love each other!

Then in the bottom flap of the card:

Guest and Guest,

As you know, we got engaged on July 22, 2014!

Although the invitations are not ready to send, we wanted to let you know to expect one.  We've also included a small keepsake so you'll have a reminder and the link to our wedding website (full of great information!!)

We sincerely hope that you will be able to celebrate with us in Punta Cana!

With Love,

our names

I think they'll be cute - informal, to the point but personal.  And our magnets turned out amazing - we used the photo in my profile photo on here (we got a lot of great compliments on it when we posted it).