Hey @@jessg619, planning is challenging but fun at the same time. It's really hard to find pictures of RPM. I have info and pricing for 2014, which may help you with planning.

We have about 26-28 guests coming so we calculated that it is cheaper for us to have the free wedding package.

The free package doesn't include the minister, but it includes 10 guests.

Which means we will have to fork out $25/guest x 16-18 guests + $300 for minister from outside (if we want to hire the in-house minister, it will cost $800) = $750 total.

Reason why we didn't get the caprice/royal package:

- Costs more than $750

- We get free room upgrade from our flight + resort package from sunwing, so we don't really need the upgrade option in the caprice/royal package.

Anyways, I save at least $1k for stuff that I don't really need. So I can use it for other things...like my photographers.  :D

Yay! Congrats @@Icis. How's the planning going? I wish the RPM had more online info I could review or pictures! I feel I have literally search everywhere online for pics of weddings at RPM and have not had much luck. I would like to get an idea of what other brides have done :-)

I will say this. RPM and RPRM are very similar, the only difference is their colors. RPRM has more browns and ivorys, where RPM is more white, silver and purple and just appears to be brighter. Our room did have mildew issues at RPRM our friends that stayed at RPM had no complaints. We visited RPM and it is nice. What would you like pictures of and amongst me and my friends maybe I can get you some kind of an idea

Sounds like you have it all planned out @@Icis That's awesome! I was able to print out a brochure from they're website but nothing on additional cost. I honestly like the RPRMs venue options. Does anyone know if you stay at one RIU resort if you can have your wedding at another. In the event that I prefer another venue than the resort I'm staying at?? @@TheBHolders if you have any pics of the resort grounds or te garden were the ceremony is at that would be helpful! Thank you ladies!

I asked my WC @ RPRM but they said she doesn't have the 2015 costs yet.  :(

My WC mentioned to email weddings08.cun@riu.com and they should be able to give you more pictures and other additional information for RPRM or RPM

Have you checked out Oyster and Tripadvisor? Some of the pictures are older, but maybe it will give you some ideas

http://www.oyster.com/playa-del-carmen/hotels/riu-palace-mexico-all-inclusive/photos/

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g150812-d219633-Reviews-Hotel_Riu_Palace_Mexico-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Got married at the Riu Palace in Cabo on June 27, 2014. Was absolutely wonderful!! However we did an offsite reception and had a dinner/booze cruise instead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have pictures if your interested in seeing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

@@Icis i am getting married at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in November and I need help deciding between a beach reception and a reception at Chillis. We have 40 guests and I also need to decide if I want to rent Chillis from 6:30 to 10:30 in order to have a Dj or if want to do the second seating for dinner.

What have you decided to do for your reception? I am getting married on the beach at 4:00PM and the ceremony is 20 minutes, so there is a big gap from 4;30 until the reception start times.

Can anyone help that had 40plus guests? I am trying to figure out the most effective option cost wise. Thanks!!

Hi @@VeroValdez! I think if you have 40+ guests you have to have a private dinner. I believe you can only have private dinner at the beach or Botafogo.

I booked reception at the Chili's. It is going to semi-private (so no music allowed) at 6:30. My ceremony is going to be at 3:00pm so we organized cocktail reception and picture taking in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the reception specific info for the RPRM in this thread. My fiance and I plan to get married in Mexico in the spring of 2016 and have decided to have it at the RPRM. We are expecting a big crowd - probably close to 60 - so we we want to have a private dinner/reception. For a private reception, can we have a DJ for the reception? I'd like to have a fun reception with dancing so it's important to have a DJ there. If there is any information you can share with me, that would be much appreciated! And I wish you both all the best on your upcoming weddings! I can't wait to hear all about it upon your return.