• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nybride525

• 229 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ok so my wedding may 2015 is booked at now jade but it looks like they are now offering a special for a free room every so many booked...I am livid.
When I originally booked I thought we would qualify but when I read further it was only good til April....well their website says "book now until I think it said October and you get the same offer"...I have checked the site every 3 days and it's my first time noticing it. How can I get them to honor me? I honestly thought I qualified originally and was crushed bc I didn't realize til I was booked and std went out. It would likely save me 4000 which is not budgeted for and I am scrimping by to try and make it up. Any advice? What should my first step be? Should I call the travel agent or hotel? I only put 100 down on hotel so I am assuming I could cancel and rebook but I already have 10 guests booked with a total of 41 nights booked so I would prefer to be able to take that into account...they even went they my travel agent bc I thought I'd get the perk originally. Dog is working tonight and I want to have a plan when I break the news to him. I had invites ready to be sent tomm am but now I am worried bc I want to get this straightened out before anyone else books. Thanks girls!
Auto correct turned df into dog...lmao

#2 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

call your TA and ask them to call the resort to see if they'll honor it. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 RandL2015

• Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

The same thing happened to me. We are having our wedding at Secrets which is part of the same AMRESORTS. Right after I booked my date, I began noticing various specials. Unfortunately, the rules are sooo rigid, that the resort did not honor the special when I asked. I spoke with my TA, even called the resort, but no promotion. Truly regret that I didn't wait to reserve my date during one of their promotions. Especially since I reserved my date 2 years out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users