No Wedding Gifts...

I think website may be the best venue to do it, liking that idea. Not so fond of word of mouth as we have family and friends scattered all over the US so not so sure how well the word would travel. I feel like seeing it in writing (website, invite, etc.) firms it up for people and emphasizes that that's what WE really want. Will of course, graciously accept any gift that makes its way to Mexico but hopefully everyone will understand.

I guess having generous family and friends is not the worst problem to have @@calgarybride2015 ! That honeymoon deal is awesome.

It blew me away! He had offered to pay our second week in Mexico but with having kids it's not really a honeymoon. Family not from same city as me so no one to take them! So he said it's for me to with whatever I wish. We chose Vegas as it's fun and my fiancé has never been. It's also cheap and whatever our 'budget' is I know we can get a package to Vegas fairly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

I just put a note on the website where it said registry.  I was wondering if people were going to ask for a shower too.  I really don't care about a shower, but if people keep asking and wanting one, should I just do it?

• Like 1

We did not want any gifts. But my best friends insisted that I need to have a shower so that is happening and to be honest, I'm pretty excited! I have been to many showers and have planned many showers and been a bridesmaid 7 times.

We did a registry just for those who want to buy a gift, but we are not asking or announcing it anywhere.

@@Sabes44 if you really don't care either way and someone wants to throw you a shower, I would say go for it! If your not asking someone to go out of their way and someone is offering I think that's great and nothing wrong with you graciously accepting!

• Like 2

i didnt realize how many people are requesting no gifts! I don't expect gifts and I barely have enough guests to get much, but I guess I figure people will bring a gift or not, I know people are paying a lot for the wedding but most of my guests that are coming are considering this their vacation so I feel like they would want to bring a gift. To be honest, I would feel sad if I didn't get a few things like some wedding china or sentimental things- my mom still brings out her wedding china and tells me story about plates and other stuff she got from their wedding. I care about this stuff more than money. 

i didnt realize how many people are requesting no gifts! I don't expect gifts and I barely have enough guests to get much, but I guess I figure people will bring a gift or not, I know people are paying a lot for the wedding but most of my guests that are coming are considering this their vacation so I feel like they would want to bring a gift. To be honest, I would feel sad if I didn't get a few things like some wedding china or sentimental things- my mom still brings out her wedding china and tells me story about plates and other stuff she got from their wedding. I care about this stuff more than money.

So are you hoping to have your guests bring things like china with them to your DW??? If you have your heart set on receiving some things like this I would definitely host an AHR. The likelihood of people bringing large gifts like this is higher by doing so. Wedding China is not cheap..... It's as inflated as weddings themselves. Perhaps someone unable to attend your wedding may opt for something like this as a gift at your AHR.

If you are wanting to build a china set I would register and let your family know to spread the word.

Regardless of whether my guests are making it their holiday for the year, I could never register/ask for gifts. My guests are spending $2000/pp to join in our celebration, we chose the country, resort and dates... So they are truly doing this for us, since they may not have chosen the same had it been their choice and just a typical vacation. It makes me nauseous to think some may feel obligated to then buy us a gift on top of that! So it's why I'm adamant in saying I would rather they not gift us with anything more than their presence. If people who can't attend (or even those that do) opt to still offer a gift, we will of course Thank them graciously for their generosity.

Edited by kmk2016

Haha I guess that I don't want them to bring china to my wedding. I am planning to register and have an AHR (although I would not expect to get gifts here because it is not my wedding), since a family member may be insisting on having a shower. I understand what people are saying about guests spending a lot of money to come. In the end I don't care if I get gifts or not, I just hope I have an awesome time.  

• Like 1