Tygrrlily's Planning Thread - Beach Palace Resort - 12/19/14

@@tygrrlily Thanks again for more of the review!!!! Congrats again!! The pics are gorgeous and I love the cheesy shots ;) I am so glad to hear that ultimately you and your guests liked Beach Palace because I have been having a few doubts lately about my choice.  Your ceremony and reception was classy, beautiful and looked like sooo much fun and it gives me reassurance I will have the same  :)  :)  :)

I am also going with Styling Trio for hair and makeup and couldnt be more excited! I was given the choice to have Adrian for my hair and makeup but its $250 more on an already expensive bill.  All the rave reviews are about him so do you think it is worth it to pay the extra money??

Thanks for the info about the food too! I think that sticking with mexican food, fish, chicken and not much pork, beef is a good idea. I bet it is technically harder to mass produce quality pork or beef dishes in an all-inclusive. I am contemplating doing the plated dinner but also am not sure its worth the extra money.....do you know if the plated dinner is an option on the sky terrace? I would love to see your menu choices with substitutions when you have a chance!  

Also as I looked at your timeline I was wondering what the shoe game was during your reception? I would love to do some sort of interactive game during the reception

@@tygrrlily, thanks for all the reviews!

I actually just met with our Travel Agent yesterday, she seems on top of things, but maybe I should ask for references from her past destination wedding brides? I went with her because she was the first person who actually answered my questions and even those I didn't ask. I cant tell you how many travel agents have said " I do everything so you dont have to" when I asked what a travel agent does and how they could help me. I would then follow up with what's everything? But they still would give me a generic answer.

Also I went with her because she is in my town. I like knowing I can talk with someone face to face.

I also appreciate that you included your timeline with what worked and where you would make changes.

Is the shoe game where you sit back to back, each with one of both of your shoes, and you are asked questions about each other? That's what we're doing at our reception most likely!

@@FutureMrsGarcia @@marinah84 - Yes, the shoe game is where you sit back to back each with 1 bride shoe and 1 groom shoe.  The MC asks questions and the bride and groom hold up the shoe of the person they believe it is.  I like it because it's easy to set up and it's cute and funny watching the Bride and Groom answer differently. Some questions like - "Who makes up first after an argument" or "Who is usually right" etc. almost always has opposite answers.  My husband I were apparently pretty bang on for most, and the cutest was the last question - "Who likes Disney more?" (something we both love) and we both put up both of our shoes

I've seen it at a wedding too where they asked the audience for questions too but just a note that this can also get pretty risque pretty quickly if you do that haha

@@FutureMrsGarcia - I was lucky because I didn't have to pay extra for Adrian!  Hmm he's good but honestly Suzie was really good on her own too.  The two of them together were really fab because they collaborated quite a bit.  Don't think I'd pay an extra $250 personally but that's just me.  If you are financially able to and it gives you peace of mind, go for it.

I'll upload my event info sheet so you can see everything I did.  My menu choices are there

I had doubts too about BP at times but honestly it worked really well for our group.  We had a lot of young people in their 20s and 30s and the beautiful beach, 24/7 hour room service and proximity to Cancun nightlife really won them over. 

Plated is an option for Sky terrace but it was $55 a person - we didn't feel that was worth it personally and put the money into other things instead. 

• Like 2

@@tygrrlily Thanks again for more of the review!!!! Congrats again!! The pics are gorgeous and I love the cheesy shots ;) I am so glad to hear that ultimately you and your guests liked Beach Palace because I have been having a few doubts lately about my choice.  Your ceremony and reception was classy, beautiful and looked like sooo much fun and it gives me reassurance I will have the same  :)  :)  :)

I am also going with Styling Trio for hair and makeup and couldnt be more excited! I was given the choice to have Adrian for my hair and makeup but its $250 more on an already expensive bill.  All the rave reviews are about him so do you think it is worth it to pay the extra money??

Thanks for the info about the food too! I think that sticking with mexican food, fish, chicken and not much pork, beef is a good idea. I bet it is technically harder to mass produce quality pork or beef dishes in an all-inclusive. I am contemplating doing the plated dinner but also am not sure its worth the extra money.....do you know if the plated dinner is an option on the sky terrace? I would love to see your menu choices with substitutions when you have a chance!  

Also as I looked at your timeline I was wondering what the shoe game was during your reception? I would love to do some sort of interactive game during the reception

I asked about the plated dinner but was advised against this due to the distance from the kitchen to the sky terrace would mean the food would go cold. The buffet options are fab and offer lots of choice :) x

If you have less than 25 people, a private dinner is not allowed (only a cocktail reception) - I'm currently battling Beach Palace about this rule, unfortunately =( ... with less than 25 people, you can have a plated dinner within a restaurant (with standard restaurant decor, no special meal choices, not guaranteed to be seated together). With more than 25 people, like tygrrlily said, you can have a plated dinner for $55 per person. There is also a per person fee (i believe it's around $8) for the sky terrace and beach, even if you have reached enough guest nights to receive a free.

@FutureMrsGarcia How many guests are you having at your wedding? If you have less than 25 total then the plated dinner is actually mandatory (no extra cost).

I think we will have approx 70-80. We will likely just go with the buffet with some substitutions. It sounds like a plated dinner outside the restaurants is a bad idea and we can't have a party larger than 30 at any restaurant

I asked about the plated dinner but was advised against this due to the distance from the kitchen to the sky terrace would mean the food would go cold. The buffet options are fab and offer lots of choice :) x

Good to know! I think the buffet is the best option :) I also think we only get one entree option for the plated dinner so that really restricts some people because we will have vegetarians etc...

@tygrrlily  The shoe game sounds fun (with definitely some restrictions for my rowdy group of friends)! I definitely some sort of game would be a good idea for one of our events. May be hard to do if 80 people actually come...

Thanks for the thoughts on Adrian. I dont think I am going to pay the extra $250 because its soo pricey anyways and they offered to have him there for the trial to give his input without any extra charge so I think that will be perfect!

Our group is going to be primarily people in their early 30s that need some entertainment so I think Beach Palace will be ideal because of its proximity to other bars/clubs/restaurants if they want to g out/explore. Also the pics of that beach look amazing!!!

Thanks again for all your advice!

@@LauraM We have 22 guests and my WC told me that we can have the private reception, but we will have to pay for the minimum 25 people (we only qualify for the free cocktail hour). It seems that the WCs give out different info depending on who they're talking to which is highly annoying. Of course, if you have way less than 25 people I understand why paying for 25 would be a total waste of money.

Tygrrlily you are officially my Wedding Hero!! Even though it rained on your wedding day and things didn't turn out 100% the way you planned them to, you organized it so thoroughly and expertly that regardless it all fell into place beautifully!  No matter how much planning you put into an event there is always a margin of "hiccups" to be expected, but girlfriend, yours were minimal!  Love Love Love the color theme and decor! Your DIY projects were cute and classy! And on top of it, your guests were so much fun they made the whole vacation that much more exciting and memorable! Thanks so much for your reviews, updates, advice and tricks of the trade!  I'm just so pumped for my wedding now I can't sit still lol

Not 100% sure if Mexico is the place for us yet, but BP's venues are so beautiful I think I've been seduced! :wub:

Now, I wanted to ask you an indiscreet question, and if you don't feel comfortable answering I completely understand, but in terms of budgeting, how much did you end up spending overall on your big day?  Did you stay within your initial budget or did you go overboard?  You strike me as a conscientious consumer and, from what I gather, you have great taste, so I was curious to know how much I should put aside to have a wedding as beautiful as yours! B)

Again thanks so much for sharing "The Stuggle" with us lol!  Loved your pictures and you and your Tony make an adorable couple!

• Like 2