83 replies to this topic

#71 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

@malyna I had to do the same as @calgarybride2015. The other day we went bridesmaid dress shopping and I was like "no, must not look at any more wedding dresses!" haha, otherwise the doubt always comes in your mind as to whether you could have found something better and I think it's normal for everyone. Honestly I love mine and when I put it on I have no doubts at all. If you try it on and it still doesn't give you that feeling of "holy crap I look good!" then maybe consider changing it. As my fiance says, you could always find something better if you look for long enough, but are you happy with the decision you made? 

My biggest regret is not trying on more dresses haha, but i've always been like that, I find what I like right away. I know some girls who literally tried on hundreds of dresses and became more undecided with each one. 

I also regret not trying on more dresses and completely agree about putting blinders on when in any type of bridal store! haha

Edited by perianjay, 10 February 2015 - 08:48 AM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#72 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

I also regret not trying on more dresses and completely agree about putting blinders on when in any type of bridal store! haha

The only thing that makes me feel better is that every time I like a dress, it looks like mine haha. 

event.png

#73 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

The only thing that makes me feel better is that every time I like a dress, it looks like mine haha. 

LOL! Yea same. Or when I see someone wearing my dress.. instant validation.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#74 breezie

breezie
  • 48 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

UGH! Me too!!!! I just bought my dress on Saturday and i was in the store for 2 hours... tried on sooo many dresses and had 6 people with me... all of them loved the dress i picked, even my mom and mother in-law cried.... I wasn't sold on it. I hated every dress i put on!! So i just thought, its probably not the dress but the body in it! It wasn't all that flattering but I know when it comes time for the wedding It will look way better. I look at myself in the pictures taken and the model on the website and it is not a dress i would pick in a million years, yet the dress i ended up with because everyone said "thats the one" Im hoping I change my mind about it... maybe i will go into the store and try it on again in month or so. Supposed to take 18 weeks to come in. Wonder if they will let me exchange it? ugh I don't even know haha

#75 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
  • 831 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

@malyna - Oh you picked your dress! I was waiting for an update.  Did you post pics any where?

I didn't have regrets about my dress, but I do regret not being able to buy and wear like 5 different dresses haha.  I love my dress for what it was, but I think I could have easily found more dresses to love :P .  What I did was stop looking at dresses at all and second guessing myself once I got it.  I didn't have money to buy more than one, and I didn't want to stress myself out.  I also made sure to try it on every so often and I had pics of myself in it on my phone that I could pull up anytime I was unsure

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#76 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

UGH! Me too!!!! I just bought my dress on Saturday and i was in the store for 2 hours... tried on sooo many dresses and had 6 people with me... all of them loved the dress i picked, even my mom and mother in-law cried.... I wasn't sold on it. I hated every dress i put on!! So i just thought, its probably not the dress but the body in it! It wasn't all that flattering but I know when it comes time for the wedding It will look way better. I look at myself in the pictures taken and the model on the website and it is not a dress i would pick in a million years, yet the dress i ended up with because everyone said "thats the one" Im hoping I change my mind about it... maybe i will go into the store and try it on again in month or so. Supposed to take 18 weeks to come in. Wonder if they will let me exchange it? ugh I don't even know haha

Maybe try going with only one or two people next time you try it on. I find sometimes the more people the more confusing it can get, especially when everyone is saying that they love the dress on you but you're not so convinced. 

@malyna - Oh you picked your dress! I was waiting for an update.  Did you post pics any where?

I didn't have regrets about my dress, but I do regret not being able to buy and wear like 5 different dresses haha.  I love my dress for what it was, but I think I could have easily found more dresses to love :P .  What I did was stop looking at dresses at all and second guessing myself once I got it.  I didn't have money to buy more than one, and I didn't want to stress myself out.  I also made sure to try it on every so often and I had pics of myself in it on my phone that I could pull up anytime I was unsure

I know! i wish I had more chances to wear a gown, any gown, not even just a wedding one 

event.png

#77 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Fortunately I haven't had any dress regrets, but I did procrastinate buying it to see if I could find a used one close to my size to save money. Of course, since I bought the dress last month I've seen 2 posted on preownedweddingdresses.com that would have saved me at least $500! Oh well...it's just money, right??  :o

#78 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

Fortunately I haven't had any dress regrets, but I did procrastinate buying it to see if I could find a used one close to my size to save money. Of course, since I bought the dress last month I've seen 2 posted on preownedweddingdresses.com that would have saved me at least $500! Oh well...it's just money, right??  :o

agh! so frustrating, murphy's law I guess, but yeah, money comes and goes :)

event.png

#79 yj2cute

yj2cute
  • 19 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Negril, Jamaica
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

Unfortunately I'm dealing with this very thing right now! I've been searching for a dress for over a year! More seriously for the last few months and it has been so hard to find "the one". I've known from the beginning that I was going to have a custom dress made by one of the Chinese dress shops. I've had several dresses that I thought I'd decided on, only to change my mind. It's gotten so frustrating. I started feeling pressure because we're only a few months away no so I went ahead and ordered something. I told myself I was finally done with this and could check it off my list.

Well, I got the dress and while it came out beautifully, it's just not what I want. :(  I thought getting it in a color other than white or ivory was better since it's not an actual wedding, but a vow renewal. But now that I have it, in a pretty blush chiffon, it looks more like a BM dress then a dress the bride should be wearing. I've been trying to re-sell the dress to myself, telling myself I can't afford to just thrown away the money I spent on the dress. I don't think it's working.

#80 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

@malyna - Oh you picked your dress! I was waiting for an update. Did you post pics any where?

I didn't have regrets about my dress, but I do regret not being able to buy and wear like 5 different dresses haha. I love my dress for what it was, but I think I could have easily found more dresses to love :P . What I did was stop looking at dresses at all and second guessing myself once I got it. I didn't have money to buy more than one, and I didn't want to stress myself out. I also made sure to try it on every so often and I had pics of myself in it on my phone that I could pull up anytime I was unsure

Yes! Rose garden by ivy and aster.

I actually went back to the store and tried it on again lol. We're gonna try to make it more fit and flare so that made me feel a little better

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424710420.836688.jpg   239.17KB   6 downloads

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424710439.575295.jpg   192.09KB   5 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users