Any Wedding Dress Regrets?

My story is a bit different one. I purchased my wedding dress from a shop that was recommended by my uncle. At the time of purchasing i truly loved the dress. The shop keeper asked for time of about 8 weeks. I agreed to it and finalized it. I showed the picture to my fiance, he also liked it very much. Later, after around 10 weeks when my dress was not delivered, i went to the store and he told me that he would not be able to  complete the order on time. I felt so embarressed. I had told my friends about the dress, arriving. Everybody was anxious to see. Later, i realized that i should have atleast enquire about the shop before purchasing. At last i had too cancel the order. As there was very less time left and this time i had to get to the best in the town, i tried an online wedding review sites https://www.guidetobe.co.uk/ for wedding suppliers . After browsing through the site, i filtered out some stores in Glasgow and went to them. At the end i end up getting my dress ready in 3 weeks. the customer review helped me a lot. I just saved my wedding from being spoiled.

I think the added pressure shifts our perception of reality lol I have felt the same way at times and then I remember the reasons I loved the dress and it puts things back in prospective for me. I know many women who have experienced this and have been told that by the first fitting or when the dress is in hand, it is affirmed that it is the "one". The waiting is what makes it so difficult.

My wedding gown was actually purchased for a wedding that never happened a few years ago but was never worn. I went back and forth whether or not to use or buy a new one, so I went to the store and had them try it on me and I fell back in love with it. It was the man that messed everything up - not the poor dress!

I did decide to jazz it up by adding a quarter sleeve jacket, and it made it look like a completely different dress.

However, this past weekend I went to the store to get my bridesmaid's dresses and the lady there told me to try on this new style they got in. I tried it on and it was AMAZING! So I bought it for a reception dress. Figured we only get one day to enjoy this, so what the hell?!  :lol:

I just purchased my dress yesterday! I love the dress but can't help but to obsess over pictures of it and the other dresses I tried on. I can relate to the second thoughts - for me the dress is perfect for a beach wedding, then I wonder whether or not it's too simple, should I have gone for something a little more, does it have that 'wow' factor or is it just pretty, etc etc. Not sure if I should continue to browse or not but it helps to know that having second thoughts are normal!

Edited by Lia33
  • Like 2

I just bought my dress yesterday. With my wedding being a year away I didnt want to purchase it so soon but I found a fantastic deal and just couldnt pass it up. I feel like the dress is everything I imagined. Finger crossed that in a years time I will still feel the same way.

• Like 2

I just bought my dress yesterday. With my wedding being a year away I didnt want to purchase it so soon but I found a fantastic deal and just couldnt pass it up. I feel like the dress is everything I imagined. Finger crossed that in a years time I will still feel the same way.

I feel the same way! I wasn't planning on buying mine so soon but I just loved it and it was the last one left because it had been discontinued. I would have hated it if I had walked away and then when I made up my mind it was gone. I love mine because even though I thought the classic chiffon destination wedding dress looked really nice, this one was what I wanted before I knew we would have a destination wedding. I still second guess myself every time some page on facebook posts a beautiful wedding dress. I stopped watching say yes to the dress too because I feel like it would make me second guess everything. I'm way too indecisive for my own good, and I'm already driving people nuts so I need to stop haha. 

Edited by TinkerSofi
  • Like 2

@@TinkerSofi I am a very indecisive person as well. When I tried it on yesterday I said that if I left the store without it I would be pretty upset, so I knew it was the one. I plan on taking it to my future SIL's house to store it there. She lives in a different city, and makes it harder for me to pull it out of the bag every day and think far too much into it. Im just going to try and remember the excited feeling I had when I tried it on.   

• Like 1

@@MissJen3 - That may be a good idea to store the dress elsewhere! I wasn't expecting to make a decision so quickly. It's a beautiful dress, not chiffon but super light material , simple with a touch of glitz. I've never envisioned what I wanted my dress to look like before hand. So I'm wondering if I should go for a dress with a little more punch to it, or if I should stick with simple elegance. I do love the dress, I just tend to second guess myself. I want to make sure I look fabulous on my big day!

@@TinkerSofi I am a very indecisive person as well. When I tried it on yesterday I said that if I left the store without it I would be pretty upset, so I knew it was the one. I plan on taking it to my future SIL's house to store it there. She lives in a different city, and makes it harder for me to pull it out of the bag every day and think far too much into it. Im just going to try and remember the excited feeling I had when I tried it on.

I have mine at home. And I'm glad I do as getting to put it back on a 3rd really summed up I did the right thing by buying it. I haven't had it on since but plan to in another month or so to see where I sit with potential alterations. Being careful to not gain or lose too much as it fit perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@MissJen3 - That may be a good idea to store the dress elsewhere! I wasn't expecting to make a decision so quickly. It's a beautiful dress, not chiffon but super light material , simple with a touch of glitz. I've never envisioned what I wanted my dress to look like before hand. So I'm wondering if I should go for a dress with a little more punch to it, or if I should stick with simple elegance. I do love the dress, I just tend to second guess myself. I want to make sure I look fabulous on my big day!

You will look fabulous. We all will

Congrats to all you all who just bought dresses :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk