• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 palmtree99

palmtree99
  • 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Bermuda

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

I was going to put some kind of sweets in welcome bags. We will hardly have any children attending our wedding, and as far as a candy bar goes…we will be have 4 course meal, AND cake…I think the guests will be too full to think about candy! Also, as far as traveling with glassware…if you DO a candy bar, I recommend a different type of arrangement for holding it all. (Plastic containers, baskets, some kind of bags)

I agree, I wouldn't want to travel with glass either! I'm a clutz, and would for sure break them!

#12 Dreamteam17

Dreamteam17
  • 194 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Candy in welcome bags sound good. The resort may even have something to put candy in maybe ask your WC?

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

#13 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
  • 246 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

Right I am terrified to fly with ANYTHING glass! Because unless you bring extra, if anything breaks you are out of luck. Plus, it weighs the suitcases down a lot more.

#14 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

@palmtree99 I love your idea!! 

#15 bebe888

bebe888
  • 1 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 8, 2016
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hello brides

I'm doing a destination wedding in Riviera Maya June 8, 2016. I was thinking Playa Del Carmen would have a lot of choices and it would be cheap. Boy were we wrong! Thank goodness we did a site visit in Playa Del Carmen months prior to our wedding so that we could plan accordingly, and checked out the local wal-mart. It is NOT cheap, and your choices for inexpensive (or any) glassware is slim. So i'm trying my best to find plastic (ie. party city) and buying candy bulk here in Canada and bringing it down. Wal-mart will only be good for local, traditional Mexican treats. I read a post about one bride wishing she had just paid the over baggage fees because her candy bar end up costing her a fortune. 

Remember, it can be very hot and humid there. Buy your candy accordingly to the weather. 

i'm still on the fence about it. i want one but i don't know if it's possible. 

#16 jonesharry

jonesharry
  • 47 posts
    • Locationwatford

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

I did a small buffet for a friends birthday party and it was definitely not as good as any of yours but it went down amazingly everyone loved it!!

#17 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
    • 462 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

I ended up bringing my own. My wedding planner said like something ridiculous like 400$ for it and I asked what would be included and she said umm like chips. lol expensive and not what I wanted. I brought a few glass and plastic apothecary jars, scoops and tongs, stick on chalkboard signs to write on the labels, mini bags to place the candy in ( I decorated them w travel stickers). I brought an assortment from America that I bought at Costco and grocery store ( no chocolate bc it will melt) and some local candies in Mexico ( they don't have many of my American favorites there so glad I brought). Part of the point was to show my love for candy and my favorite kinds to make it more personal. Success!

#18 arjit

arjit
    • 20 posts
      • LocationChhattisgarh

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:31 AM

I have idea about the cost or charges for such candy bar decoration in India.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users