13 replies to this topic

#1 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Ever stop and think omg I'm getting married?!?!

It's still a bit surreal to me. I've been thru some bad in my life with exes and worked my way out. I met my fiancé and couldn't believe how different he was. I was shocked when he proposed in Cuba in April 2014 after less than 1 year dating.

Omg it's happening to me. We stroll in to flight centre for some brochures and next thing you know the countdown is on to our wedding.

I was sunbathing on our boat today in sunny Okanagon and fiancé is snuggling my daughter. I look up and just was like 'omg I'm the luckiest girl in the world'

The feeling is so amazing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 02 August 2014 - 05:59 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#2 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Location:Florida
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

@calgarybride2015 your post brought tears to my eyes! I have Omg moments all the time. I got engaged exactly a month ago today and to this day the first thing I do in the morning is look at my left hand.

I honestly never thought I could be this happy. I have spent the last 10 years of my life (and I'm only 30, so it`s a big part of my life) taking care of others and helping them go through tough times, always putting myself second. When I'm with my fiance I feel like I don't have to carry any weight on my own. We share our joys and struggles.

We are in a long distance relationship and although it has it's struggles I have never been this happy. So many exciting things in our near future and a lot more OMG moments to come!!  

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#3 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

I also get caught all the time looking at my ring. Half the time I dont even realize I am doing it. My FI is awesome. I cant want to have the ultimate OMG moment when I am saying my vows. 

#4 Lilian84

Lilian84
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Location:Florida
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

@MissJen3 Even at work sometimes I just look at it and smile... my boss is always laughing at me lol.

I think the biggest OMG moment for us will be when all the craziness of the wedding has passed. On our wedding day we will only have been living together for a few weeks and will have been going crazy with wedding planning and last minute things. Therefore I think one of the moments I am most looking forward to is the first morning we wake up and have a normal husband and wife routine. After almost 2 years of traveling back and forth that moment will truly be THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE! 

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#5 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

@Lilian84 I couldnt agree more. I often say to my FI that I can not wait until we are living together, and do not have to drive back and forth all the time. It is getting very exhausting. 

#6 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

@calgarybride2015, I was just in Kelowna getting my pre-wedding photos done this past week! I some times think about it, but not really. We have been together for 14 years and plus we got legally married this Feb...so not really. Our OMG moments were when we were counting down for our new home a couple of years ago. We are more in the mode of just making sure all the tasks for the wedding are done nowadays. I gotta order my red cheongsam, finalize bouquet, etc., etc.

Edited by Icis, 02 August 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#7 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

@calgarybride2015, I was just in Kelowna getting my pre-wedding photos done this past week! I some times think about it, but not really. We have been together for 14 years and plus we got legally married this Feb...so not really. Our OMG moments were when we were counting down for our new home a couple of years ago. We are more in the mode of just making sure all the tasks for the wedding are done nowadays. I gotta order my red cheongsam, finalize bouquet, etc., etc.

Where do you live full time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#8 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

@calgarybride2015 Vancouver, the land of perpetual rain (except recent couple of weeks).  :D

Edited by Icis, 02 August 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#9 hawaii2015

hawaii2015
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

i have that feeling often! we are currently doing wedding invitations and its making everything feel REAL!

#10 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

So awesome to hear all the beautiful brides here "feeling the LOVE" !!! what a wonderful time of life - for sure :) 

here's a visual of one of those omg magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured at one of his recent weddings...like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.....and can bring you right back to that beautiful OMG moment again - Enjoy :)

1557351_10152516887594487_66183198573529

for more OMG moments, see the album here....MTM cover photos      

Hope your journeys have lots of "take your breath away" moments.....Cheers!!!      team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users