Ok, this is my third time trying to reply... technology is not my friend today ... Anyway...
@pddcmc I keep getting so many ideas from you! loving the signs Planning for me, still feels like i have a lot to do, like get our marriage license, get married, get bridesmaid jewelry, arrange transportation from airport, finalize music, finish our vows, finish ceremony script, finalize wedding day timeline, finish welcome bags, have my final dress fitting andddd buy more cute bikinis LOL. it feels like tons to do!!! but im working thru it slowly but surely.
Where are you on your to do list?
LOL. Oh. Girl. I have the same to do list as you, if not more..and I am getting married in less than one month! Here goes...
- Finalize Wedding Planner Form (just a couple things to iron out, otherwise this can be checked off)
- Finalize Guest List & Seating Chart (gotta love those stragglers...)
- Finalize Ceremony script (FI will do this when he get back from his business trip). (and print a copy, just in case!)
- Music - ceremony, first dance, AND reception
- Design and order stickers for cups (FI's going to do this... eventually)
- "Stuff" for cups - Instead of doing OOT bags, we are putting things inside the cups and attaching a tag to each one
- Finish said tags for cups
- Finish purchasing items for cups - I bought chewable Airborne packets, mini Johnson & Johnson first aid kits (obvi these won't fit in the cups), and mini Aloe Vera bottles for 97 cents at Target . I also bought plastic baggies (I've read several times that people always find use for these?) and mint LifeSavers. Will will also add pepto and lip balm (still need to purchase).
- Write Welcome "letter" - this will also be "stuffed" in the cups. This will include a welcome and thank you note from us, currency conversion ($1 USD = x pesos), restaurants and their hours & dress codes, an About Us section, a Who's Who section with bridal party and our moms, wedding day itinerary and reception menu, the resort map (this indicate wedding event locations), "tips", a list of places people traveled from to be at our wedding, and resort activities.
- FI's wedding date attire (he is FINALLY doing this this weekend!)
- Print Alternative Guestbook (FI designed it)
- Start packing - I'm 97.4% sure we will need to purchase an extra suitcase, or two
- Dog sitter - start taking the dogs to the sitter (as I have mentioned before, we are new to the state...and unfortunately, our dogs are spoiled and slow to warm up to people...the last thing we need is to worry about our fur babies)
- Go to the courthouse and make things legal
- Exchange money and get traveler's checks
- Finish place cards and table numbers
- Get e-ring cleaned
- Have final fitting (I called the seamstress after panicking all day... she had only taken in the gown by stitching it, she hadn't cut anything yet, so altering it won't be a problem. I was really freaking out that I'd have to crash diet!...which would be really hard because I haven't changed my diet/activity this entire time).
- Purchase chalk markers or dustless chalk for chalk board easel
- Buy Tide stick, superglue (just in case something happens to the fans in transit), and more sunblock
- Buy a few new bikinis and rompers. OH! and I want a big, floppy sunhat
Hmmmm.....I think that is it, for now.
Everything will get done, in due time.
@TinkerSofi I completely agree. It is just a bummer and frustrating when one's trying to plan a wedding on top of "Life." It makes me want to make everyone sit in a circle around a camp fire, hold hands, and sing kumbaya! LOL
.....oooooor, "Why Can't We Be Friends" lol
Edited by pddcmc, 19 March 2015 - 04:18 PM.