284 replies to this topic

#191 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:06 AM

I'm so stressed about the dress fittings. I'm so afraid they won't be able to fix what needs to be fixed. I'm glad everything worked out with yours :D  

I had a dream yesterday about your list haha. I dreamed that I was leaving this saturday for my wedding and had all these things to do on the list! hahaha. I kept counting the months because I thought I was wrong but I kept coming to the conclusion I was leaving saturday. Then I ended up getting married and my nails looked awful and my hair looked like I had just woken up. Then somehow I ended up in wonderland (wth?) and things just went down the rabbit hole from there hahaha. Oh boy. 

event.png

#192 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Buwahaha, we haven't started either. We are the crazy people who decided to install wood floors into our house before we leave. Our house is a hot mess right now, lol.

We remodeled most of our house, rented it out, and upped and moved 900 miles 4 months before our wedding. Sooo, not exactly the same thing, but I get it. LOL

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#193 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

@pddcmc   I love your welcome letter!  It covers a lot of information on one sheet!  So great.

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#194 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

I'm so stressed about the dress fittings. I'm so afraid they won't be able to fix what needs to be fixed. I'm glad everything worked out with yours :D

I had a dream yesterday about your list haha. I dreamed that I was leaving this saturday for my wedding and had all these things to do on the list! hahaha. I kept counting the months because I thought I was wrong but I kept coming to the conclusion I was leaving saturday. Then I ended up getting married and my nails looked awful and my hair looked like I had just woken up. Then somehow I ended up in wonderland (wth?) and things just went down the rabbit hole from there hahaha. Oh boy. 

hahahahahaha! when I got to the part of your dream where you went down the rabbit hole, I literally just laughed out loud! LOL 

I've had all of the bridal nightmares.... hair disasters, dress disasters, you name it - I've had it. Luckily, I haven't had any for a while...maybe because the day is near and "I'm at the eff it, let's do this, I don't care about little details anymore" attitude. lol

...Or, maybe it's because I've had a glass of wine before bed each night for the last 3 days to help me relax? lol

Hey, whatever works, right?

I'll admit, the fitting and waiting to try it back on was stressful, but my friend just kept me talking to keep my mind off it and that was a huge help.

@pddcmc   I love your welcome letter!  It covers a lot of information on one sheet!  So great.

Thank you! I'm stuck on trying to think of better wording for the restaurant dress codes... :wacko:

Planning Journal & Blog

#195 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

I thought I'd share DRC's Budget Planner for any brides who may be "too early" in the planning process to receive from the resort (earlier than 3 months before your wedding date).

Dreams Riviera Cancun Budget Planner

Attached File  DRC Interactive Budget Planner.xlsx   252.78KB   10 downloads

Planning Journal & Blog

#196 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

Starting to panic...

Attached File  weather.png   597.41KB   5 downloads

It wouldn't be too big of a deal to me if I had planned for all wedding events to be indoors, but I didn't.

In fact, I decided against having a ton of flowers (1. we can't take them home with us. 2. I won't get to enjoy them very much afterwards...I'm pretty sure that the time we spend in our room will not include enjoying flowers. 3. the scenery is so gorgeous that I didn't want people to oogle at the arrangements rather the natural beauty) and decor because of reason #3 above. BUT, if we have to move everything indoors...WHAT DO I DO??? It won't look like a wedding at all!!!!! Oh my goodness, I'm ready to cry!

Edited by pddcmc, 09 April 2015 - 06:41 PM.

Planning Journal & Blog

#197 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

Don't panic. Most times if it rains it don't last long anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. May not even rain yet. I seen showers up on mine and now it's sunny. So the forcast mightchange within the next couple of days.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#198 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

Don't panic. Most times if it rains it don't last long anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. May not even rain yet. I seen showers up on mine and now it's sunny. So the forcast mightchange within the next couple of days.

You're right, I know. I think it's all just getting to me! lol 

Thanks girl. How are you doing?

Planning Journal & Blog

#199 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

I know it's tough but try not to cry. Our week called for rain too and it rained once over night. Mexico rain isn't the same as our rain. It can down pour for 5-10 min hard then it's gone. I know sometimes people get rained out but chances are higher for sunshine. Try not to stress about this as it's out of your control and I can almost promise you that by the time you fly out next week the forecast will change 1 or 2 times. Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#200 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

I know it's tough but try not to cry. Our week called for rain too and it rained once over night. Mexico rain isn't the same as our rain. It can down pour for 5-10 min hard then it's gone. I know sometimes people get rained out but chances are higher for sunshine. Try not to stress about this as it's out of your control and I can almost promise you that by the time you fly out next week the forecast will change 1 or 2 times. Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!  That helps  :)

Planning Journal & Blog

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Pddcmc's Planning Thread - 17 April 2015 - Dreams Riviera Cancun

By pddcmc in My Destination Wedding Blog, on 26 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

Source: Our Dw: Dreams Riviera Cancun 17 Apr 2015

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users