Our Dw: Dreams Riviera Cancun 17 Apr 2015

I love Sephora

s1615665-main-hero-300.jpg

Pinch ProvisionsMinimergency® Kit For Bridesmaids - Champagne Glitter $16.00

What it is:
A petite personal care kit with 21 wedding day essentials for the beautiful bridesmaid. 

What it does:
Accidents are bound to happen. Keep the wedding party going with this all-inclusive kit—chock-full of 21 mini must-haves to save your bestie’s big day. Bobby pins fix flyaways, clear polish keeps nails chip-resistant, blotting tissues ensure a matte, flawless finish, and the pain reliever will spare you from stress-induced headaches. Whatever the situation, this wedding day survival kit guarantees a hiccup-free, picture-perfect day. Best yet, these travel-friendly essentials come packaged in PINCH PROVISIONS' signature “PINCH-perfect pouch” in classy champagne glitter. 

This set contains:
- Adhesive bandage 
- Safety pin 
- Hair spray 
- Deodorant towelette 
- Stain remover 
- Pain reliever 
- Double-sided tape 
- Breath freshener 
- Extra wedding bands 
- Mending kit 
- Antacid 
- Dental floss 
- Clear nail polish 
- Facial tissue 
- Mini blotting tissues 
- Nail polish remover pad 
- Bobby pins 
- Earring backs 
- Tampon 
- Emery board 
- Clear elastics

s1615673-main-hero-300.jpg

Pinch ProvisionsBridetastic Deluxe Wedding Emergency Kit $75.00

What it is:
An exclusive wedding day survival kit that contains 101 solutions for beauty blunders, fashion faux pas, and personal care predicaments. 

What it does:
The dress, the flowers, the cake—brides meticulously plan every moment of their big day, and sometimes even the minor wedding day disasters can dampen bridal bliss. A lost earring back. Slippery shoes. Missing wedding bands. A best man without a toast. PINCH PROVISIONS has taken the guesswork out of wedding day preparedness and designed a luxury collection that is as beautiful as it is comprehensive. The gorgeously giftable silver and gold embossed presentation box opens to reveal a premium platinum tote brimming with 101 wedding day essentials. 

This set contains:
- Silver carrying case 

Beauty: 
- 0.33 oz Hair spray 
- 0.01 oz Clear nail polish 
- Emery board 
- Folding brush/comb 
- 2 x clear elastics 
- 2 x earring backs 
- 3 x nail polish remover pads 
- Tweezers 
- 25 x blotting tissues 
- Nail clipper 
- 5 x cotton swabs 
- Travel bag 

Bridal: 
- Drinking straw 
- Extra wedding bands 
- Note pad 
- Pen 
- Mirror 
- Emergency vows 
- Emergency toasts 
- Sixpence shoe decal 
- Something blue heart-shaped crystal 
- 10 x facial tissues 
- Wedding day checklist 
- Travel bag 

Fashion: 
- 10 x safety pins
- Lint brush
- 15 x double-sided tape strips
- Mending kit
- 2 x corsage pins
- 3 x stain removing towelettes
- Folding scissors
- Sandpaper
- 0.33 oz Wrinkle remover
- 0.33 oz Static remover
- 0.07 oz Super glue
- Travel bag 

Personal Care: 
- 6 x adhesive bandages
- 2 x antacid doses
- 3 x tampons
- 3 x pain reliever doses
- 3 x dental floss
- 3 x deodorant towelettes
- 0.16 oz Hand lotion
- 0.11 oz Breath freshener
- 0.1 oz Lip balm
- Blister balm
- Travel bag

s1615681-main-hero-300.jpg

Pinch ProvisionsMinimergency® Kit For Brides $16.00

What it is:
A petite personal care kit with 21 wedding day essentials for the beautiful bride-to-be. 

What it does:
Accidents are bound to happen. Make the wedding day a true success with this all-inclusive kit—chock-full of 21 mini must-haves to save the bride’s big day. Bobby pins fix flyaways, clear polish keeps nails chip-resistant, blotting tissues ensure a matte, flawless finish, and the pain reliever will spare the leading lady from stress-induced headaches. Whatever the situation, this wedding day survival kit guarantees a hiccup-free, picture-perfect day. Best yet, these travel-friendly essentials come packaged in a signature Pinch-perfect pouch in a playful white and gold polka dot pattern. 

This set contains:
- Adhesive bandage 
- Safety pin 
- Hair spray 
- Deodorant towelette 
- Stain remover 
- Pain reliever 
- Double-sided tape 
- Breath freshener 
- Extra wedding bands 
- Mending kit 
- Antacid 
- Dental floss 
- Clear nail polish 
- Facial tissue 
- Mini blotting tissues 
- Nail polish remover pad 
- Bobby pins 
- Earring backs 
- Tampon 
- Emery board 
- Clear elastics
  • Like 4

To Do:

• Finalize Wedding Planner Form (just a couple things to iron out, otherwise this can be checked off)
  • Finalize Guest List & Seating Chart (gotta love those stragglers...)
  • Finalize Ceremony script (FI will do this when he get back from his business trip). (and print a copy, just in case!)
  • Music - getting ready, ceremony, first dance, AND reception
  • Design and order stickers for cups
  • "Stuff" for cups - Instead of doing OOT bags, we are putting things inside the cups and attaching a tag to each one
  •           Finish purchasing items for cups - I bought chewable Airborne packets, mini Johnson & Johnson first aid kits (obvi these won't fit in the cups), and mini Aloe Vera bottles for 97 cents at Target      :). I also bought plastic baggies (I've read several times that people always find use for these?) and mint LifeSavers. Will will also add pepto and lip balm (still need to purchase).
  • Finish said tags for cups
  • Write Welcome "letter" - this will also be "stuffed" in the cups. This will include a welcome and thank you note from us, currency conversion ($1 USD = x pesos), restaurants and their hours & dress codes, an About Us section, a Who's Who section with bridal party and our moms, wedding day itinerary and reception menu, the resort map (this indicate wedding event locations), "tips", a list of places people traveled from to be at our wedding, and resort activities.
          >FI is supposed to finish this task tonight...
  • FI's shirt (we have the pants and shoes)
  • Print Alternative Guestbook (FI designed it)
  • Start packing - I'm 97.4% 98.6% sure we will need to purchase an extra suitcase, or two
  • Dog sitter - start taking the dogs to the sitter (as I have mentioned before, we are new to the state...and unfortunately, our dogs are spoiled and slow to warm up to people...the last thing we need is to worry about our fur babies)
  • Get kennel cough shots for the fur babies 
  • Go to the courthouse and make things legal     :wub:
         >Well, we still need to do this, but we did apply for the license online which is what takes the longest. 
  • Exchange money and get traveler's checks
  • Finish place cards and table numbers
  • Get e-ring cleaned
  • Have final fitting (08 April) & bring the dress home
  • Purchase chalk markers or dustless chalk for chalk board easel
  • Buy a few new bikinis and rompers.
  • OH! and I want a big, floppy sunhat    :D
  • Gifts for moms, MOH, and best man (any ideas here? I am thinking about paying for our moms to go on an excursion of their choice. I don't know what else to do or what to get MOH & best man)
  • Appointment for waxing
  • TRY to PATIENTLY wait/countdown until we leave for our WEDDINGMOON!!! 14 days!!!! 11 days until Mexico and 13 days until "I do"
  • "Stop" our mail while we are gone
  • Beauty appointments: waxing and nails made for the week we leave
Edited by pddcmc
  • Like 1

Music

Prelude:

• "In My Life" - Beatles
  • "Yellow" - Coldplay
  • "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - Queen

Processional: (all preformed by FI's cousin on piano)

• Matron of Honor & Best Man - a piece written by FI's cousin
  • Bride - "A Love Idea" - Mark Knopfler

Postlude:

• "Here Comes The Sun" - Beatles

First Dance:

• "In My Life" - Beatles

Those Pesky Little Details...

...forget about it!

I've decided to nix the stickers and just go with what I have. We leave in TEN days for Mexico!!! 

post-277418-0-09312300-1428272260_thumb.jpg

post-277418-0-53586500-1428272309_thumb.jpg

post-277418-0-76387000-1428273456_thumb.jpg

I was afraid of the tags getting damaged in transport, so I'm keeping the strings from getting tangled with a "bread tie." We will attach the tags once we are at the resort.

Plus side:

-The FI FINALLY has all of his wedding day attire! (it's about time!)

-The Welcome Letter is D.O.N.E.!

-I get my e-ring back from the jeweler (yaaay for it being all polished and extra sparkly for the wedding day!)

This week:

-Get through my last three shifts of work

-Email our guests with "reminders," including restaurant attire

-In said email, include rehearsal info for his mom, my mom, MOH, Best Man, and musician

-Print table numbers & place cards

-Print Welcome Letter and put in cups

-Take the dogs to the vet for their influenza vaccine (kennel cough shot)

-Pick up my dress 

-Finish makin' it legal

-Purchase extra suitcase for wedding day "stuff" and gifts for guests

-Finalize playlist with FI

Next Week (Monday/Tuesday):

-Finish packing

-Stop mail

-Get a good night's rest

-Purchase random items (ie extra sunblock, super glue, Tide Stick, Febreze, etc)

-Notify our banks that we will be out of the country

-Make sure all receipts, wedding day confirmation letter, and flight info are filed together and easily accessible

-Print a copy of our wedding ceremony script

-Mani/pedi

Wednesday:

-Wake up

-Shower & do hair/make-up

-Take dogs to their sitter

-Get on our flight with my FUTURE HUSBAND for OUR WEDDING  :D  :D  :D  B)  B)  B)  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Edited by pddcmc
  • Like 2

Soooo close now!

I was worried about the tags getting wrecked to being pre attached but we had no issues on both the maracas and the fans.

10 days is going to fly by.

I didn't realize people stopped mail anymore, maybe because I have a community mail box and get lots by email in way of bills. I wish they'd just stop sending them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015

Destination Wedding Packing List: Most important Items

• Passports
  • Wedding Rings
  • Wedding Dress/Gown
  • Veil
  • Wedding tux/suit
  • Wedding Day Shoes
  • Visas (where necessary)
  • Copies of your birth certificates
  • Plane tickets/itinerary/boarding passes
  • Credit card/travelers checks/cash

NOTE: All of the above should be packed in your carry on luggage

Destination Wedding Packing List: Pre-Wedding Week Destination Wedding Packing List: Wedding Day Essentials
  • Wedding night lingerie/undergarments
  • Guest Favors
  • Wedding day Jewelry (earrings, bracelet, necklace)
  • Something old, new, borrowed, blue
  • If you’re bringing your own silk/Real Touch bouquet, don’t forget to pack it
  • Ipod loaded with music for your reception
  • Your vows
  • Change of shoes/slippers for dancing at the reception
  • Garter
  • Tiara or hair clip
  • Cake topper
  • Programs
  • Menu
  • Seating/place cards/Table Numbers (if you’re bringing your own)
  • Aisle runner
  • Guest book
  • Traditional Ceremony celebration items (i.e. Unity candle or sand ceremony supplies)
  • Ring bearer accessories (i.e. Pillow)
  • Decorations
  • One of your invitations for the photography
Destination Wedding Packing List:Toiletries/Personal Items
  • Extra Contact lenses
  • Reading glasses
  • Sunglasses
  • Insect repellent
  • Sunblock
  • Aloe vera
  • Toothpaste & toothbrush
  • Deodorant
  • Comb/brush
  • Shaving cream
  • Razors
  • Contraception
  • Tweezers
  • Nail clippers
  • Nail filer/emory board
  • Nail polish and remover
Destination Wedding Packing List: Hair/Makeup
  • Makeup (blush, mascara, foundation, eyeliner, lipstick/gloss, eyeshadow, etc.)
  • Makeup brushes
  • Moisturizer, eye cream, etc..
  • Makeup remover
  • Facial cleanser
  • Hair gel
  • Hairspray
  • Flat iron and/or curling iron

Destination Wedding Packing List: Electronics
  • Camera
  • Memory card
  • Camera charger
  • Cell Phone
  • Phone charger
Destination Wedding Packing List: Important Paperwork
  • Copies of all vendor/Resort/Venue contracts
  • List of all vendor contact info
  • Proof of down payments you’ve made to vendors
  • Receipts for favors/welcome bags (to show when crossing Borders & Customs)
  • Photocopies of any vaccination document/prescriptions/health insurance cards
  • Trip insurance
  • Your wedding planning binder with all the details you’ve already arranged, printouts of all email communications with vendors, contracts, etc
  • Phone number of the closest US embassy
  • Marriage certificate if you had your legal ceremony at home and will be having a religious ceremony abroad (they will sometimes require proof that you are legally married)
Destination Wedding Packing Checklist:Miscellaneous
  • Groom’s Gift
  • Bridesmaid’s gifts
  • Parent’s gifts
  • TSA Approved Luggage locks
  • Luggage tags
  • Beach bag
  • Trash the dress attire (if different from your wedding gown)
  • Scissors, ribbon, and tape for any last minute DIY wedding projects
  • Safety pins
  • Travel sewing kit
Destination Wedding Packing Checklist:Honeymoon
  • Sexy lingerie
  • Summer dresses
  • Walking shoes/sandals
  • Sun hats
  • Shorts
  • Swimwear
  • Cardigan or wrap for chilly air conditioned airports and restaurants
  • Swimsuit cover up
  • Evening dresses/shoes
  • Strapless bras for strapless outfits
  • Evening bag/purse
  • Lip balm
  • Guides/maps
Other important tips to note before you leave:
  • Leave a copy of your passport at home with someone who’s not traveling to your destination wedding.
  • Call your cell phone provider and inquire about adding an international package to your plan for the week or two you will be abroad. Depending on your phone carrier you might be able to get this for free if traveling to Mexico or for a small prorated fee if traveling to the Caribbean. An international plan on your phone will allow you to communicate with family/friends or vendors without incurring enormous roaming fees.
  • If you have a smart phone and do not have an international data plan, make sure you turn off your data while abroad or you could incur outrageous fees when your phone automatically updates email/text messages EVEN if you don’t use your phone. Call you phone company for details.

Source: http://destinationweddingdetails.com/destination-wedding-packing-list.html

Soooo close now!

I was worried about the tags getting wrecked to being pre attached but we had no issues on both the maracas and the fans.

10 days is going to fly by.

I didn't realize people stopped mail anymore, maybe because I have a community mail box and get lots by email in way of bills. I wish they'd just stop sending them lol

Goodness, I hope these days fly by! I am so excited!!!

We're stopping our mail just so our box doesn't get full. We use to have our neighbor collect our mail when we went abroad,  but we've moved and are still new to our city.

I wish we didn't get bills, either  :( 

The world would be a happier place if everything were free! lol

• Like 2

This is a great list !! I would put you're wedding jewellery in your carry on if it is anything important / expensive/ irreplaceable like a family heirloom

• Like 1