26 replies to this topic

#21 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

As badly as I wanted to fly somewhere different for the honeymoon, we will just go ahead and book at another resort for a few days. Too many expenses! We will take a trip later on. The important thing is us just getting some alone relaxed time with just the two of us :-)

Edited by Lia33, 11 December 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#22 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:48 AM

We really wanted to go to another resort too, but it seemed more difficult than it would be worth it.  So we just decided to stay longer at the resort and we are planning a 1 year anniversary trip for 2016 as our "honeymoon".

#23 Cablelove11

Cablelove11
  • 66 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

I love the idea of switching resorts! While I love my family, I want some quality alone time with my new husband! I'm still looking at resorts, so the possibility of changing resorts is going to factor in my decision

#24 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Since I last posted on this thread we DID decide to do a separate honeymoon later on. My fiancé really wants to go to Peru and Machu Picchu but it is just impossible to get there from Jamaica. It just seemed silly to spend money on something else if that is what he REALLY wants to do. I ultimately deferred to him, so we'll do it in the fall. 

Honestly, I think I'll be so exhausted after the wedding anyway. And it'll be nice to have something to look forward to when we get back home. 

#25 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

I'm wondering if people are doing anything to differentiate their honeymoon time from wedding/celebration time...

My Fiancé would like to just spend a week at the resort which is fine, but if guests make a vacation out of their wedding attendance, I don't know that I want to be hanging out all week with them! I want alone time with my new hubby!

Some ideas that I had was maybe leaving to another resort a couple of days after the wedding to ensure some newlywed alone time or flying out elsewhere (which I don't think he wants to do).

Am I being a little too picky? Thoughts?
Found a thread already on this! This site covers everything :)

I think my FI and I will eventually do Europe for our honeymoon. We won't be going right away because we plan on buying a house after the wedding, but hopefully in a year or so following the wedding.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#26 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

Since I last posted, we actually decided to fly back to NY after our wedding week, and leave a few days later to go to Costa Rica for our honeymoon! I may little exhausted but it will be a relaxing trip so I'm super excited since I've always wanted to go here  :-)

#27 maskters

maskters
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

Maybe you can announce it in a fun way on your weekend itinerary. 

giá kệ sắt văn phòng

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users