Photo

Number Of People On Guest List Vs Actual Attendees. Experiences...

Guests Guests Guests

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jandez

Jandez
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

HI ladies!

So I am in the very beginning stages of my wedding planning. I am working on my guest list and was wondering if you ladies that have recently had a destination wedding or are close to your wedding date, could tell me how many people you invited and how many people are actually attending. I am trying to get an idea of how many people average going to destination weddings. Your suggestions appreciated.

Your experience in getting your guests to your destination? Hassle, Smooth planning, etc?

#2 MissJen3

MissJen3
    • 257 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
    • LocationToronto area

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

I believe I have read on here somewhere that it is about 30% that will attend? But like you, I am in the beginning stages so I could be wrong.

#3 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
    • 441 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

I invited 100 people and I will have 40 coming to the wedding almost half.  I'm happy with the amount of people.  

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#4 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

From all I have heard of most fall between 30-40, but I have seen as much as 60.

We invited approx. 60 people (started at 54, but we added on), and 42 are coming as of the deposit deadline.  I know that can change either direction.

I think 42 is awesome, I would never have dreamed it in a million years.

Just be prepared that some people who you are SURE will go, will not.  And some people who you invite more as a technicality (LOL!!), will come.

EDIT: ok that came out wrong, and may not have sounded nice, but you get my drift :)

Edited by calgarybride2015, 25 July 2014 - 05:11 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#5 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

I was told 30% is average but there are so many variables! How much time you are giving your guests to save... Are your guests typically travellers or will this wedding be a first trip of the type for many? What time of year is it? Are their kids invited or will they be required to get child care? How far do they have to travel? And most of all... Price! Is the price for your resort/flight something that most of your guests can afford without too much financial strain?

Some couples want an intimate small group and thus their choice for a DW, so inviting 10-12 people who they know will be there- and that's it- would mean they likely will get 100% responses (but even these scenarios often lose 1 or 2). Others want to celebrate with friends and family and make it a week long celebration and invite 100+ knowing realistically half or less may actually come.

Biggest advise is don't take the "nos" personally (or the ones who just avoid you and don't say anything!!) ... They WILL happen and you WILL be hurt- but focus more on the people who decide to share in your special day. Whether that's 4 people or 100... The ones who want to be there for you will- and you just can't focus on the ones that don't. Also- just because someone says "oh we will be there!"... Or even RSVPs yes- don't assume anything. Until they actually put down deposits and pay for their trip- sadly it may only be talk.

Have fun planning! It's worth all the stress (that's what I'm telling myself!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016, 25 July 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#6 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
    • Site Supporter
    • 371 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
    • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

We invited 114 people and 52 are coming, so about 50% :)

#7 MJTK

MJTK
    • 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
    • LocationSaskatchewan Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

We invited 86 and 30 are coming...funny it's the 30 I knew would and the other invites I kinda felt wouldn't come and aren't. .but now they can't say they weren't invited...
    also I agree with kmk2016 don't let who doesn't come bother you..thats the choice they made...even if they make you feel guilty. ...do what you want not anyone else ;)

#8 Tatimrivera

Tatimrivera
    • 156 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

We invited 60 ppl and 35 (including us) are attending.
    Good Luck :)

#9 christina14

christina14
    • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

I will just invite some chose friends!

#10 FMZ2015

FMZ2015
      • 9 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 5, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium White Sands
      • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

We invited 80 people and have 20 confirmed coming with us. However on our guest list were a lot of seniors, and a lot of people with kids, so we're really happy to even have 20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users