Cabo wedding in August?

Maura

Has anybody gotten married in Cabo in August? (Or is planning on an Aug. wedding next year?) Or June/July.... anybody having a summer wedding therehuh.gif?

We've picked a date (August 9th, yay!) based on when we can both get 2 weeks of vacation time at once and I'm wondering if there's anything I should be planning around with weather, if there might be deals with travel/hotels/reception site or not, etc.

Thanks!

feedback.gif

Were getting married on June 7, 2008. Actually our original date was in april but the rooms were almos $200 more a night! So we ended up moving it into June because some on our guests are teachers and so on. But I think the weather is going to be perfect.... then again im from AZ so anythings cooler than that.

hi there. i was in cabo (riu palace) this year from aug 9-13 and it was hot, but like someone else said, not unbearable... i didn't remember it being much hotter than late may when i was in RM. i think you will be fine! i remember thinking the weather was perfect... a bit of a breeze, no rain, sunshine.. heck i'd rather it be sunny and warm than anything else and you are picking mexico for a reason so expect it to be hot to some extent. just make sure you bring your sunscreen of course! your wedding will be wonderful but carefully pick your ceremony time.

Thanks for the info girls! Makes me feel better about having an August wedding! We're going to include sunscreen in our OOT bags, and hopefully have the ceremony around 6:30 pm to avoid the heat a little (plus the church is not air conditioned... but it was so beautiful when I saw it I didn't care).

We're from Chicago and the average temperature during August is actually about the same and up to 10 degrees hotter here than in Cabo in August, so I feel like the only thing I'll need to worry about is a little rain.

Is anybody else planning on an outdoor reception? Do you have a contingency plan in case of rain? I need to ask my WC about that...

AUGUST is HOT here... If you don't mind that, the only other concern would be storms... Usually, however, we do not get them until later in August or in September.

You can get better deals out here in August though... We did a few weddings in August and September and only had one rain-scare. It cleared up just before the ceremony though... Whew.

There was a storm here on August 5th I think it was.

To be COMPLETELY honest, and from a long-time resident here in Cabo - you are taking a chance with an August wedding... Just be sure to have a PLAN B to move your event inside (just in-case).... That is the best advice I can give.

Congrats by the way! :)

I should say the date we picked is early in August (Aug. 9th) and our wedding coordinator said if there's rain they will move our reception indoors to another location at no extra charge. She said they rarely get rain that early in the month so that we shouldn't worry about it.

We could only both get vacation at the same time in August so we didn't really get to pick the date. I think it will be fine though :)