• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Has anybody gotten married in Cabo in August? (Or is planning on an Aug. wedding next year?) Or June/July.... anybody having a summer wedding there?

We've picked a date (August 9th, yay!) based on when we can both get 2 weeks of vacation time at once and I'm wondering if there's anything I should be planning around with weather, if there might be deals with travel/hotels/reception site or not, etc.

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

sometimes you will see deals to cabo for that time because the weather is not the best. it is REALLY hot in august...but the rate isn't that much lower than June or even november

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 -Kate-

• VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:19 AM

We were in Cabo Aug 3 -5 of this year for our site visit. It was hot - not gonna lie - but not unbearable. The thing is that people are just going to be laying out and sweating anyway. You'll be fine.

#4 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

Were getting married on June 7, 2008. Actually our original date was in april but the rooms were almos $200 more a night! So we ended up moving it into June because some on our guests are teachers and so on. But I think the weather is going to be perfect.... then again im from AZ so anythings cooler than that.

#5 MorganShae

• 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:45 AM

hi there. i was in cabo (riu palace) this year from aug 9-13 and it was hot, but like someone else said, not unbearable... i didn't remember it being much hotter than late may when i was in RM. i think you will be fine! i remember thinking the weather was perfect... a bit of a breeze, no rain, sunshine.. heck i'd rather it be sunny and warm than anything else and you are picking mexico for a reason so expect it to be hot to some extent. just make sure you bring your sunscreen of course! your wedding will be wonderful but carefully pick your ceremony time.

#6 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info girls! Makes me feel better about having an August wedding! We're going to include sunscreen in our OOT bags, and hopefully have the ceremony around 6:30 pm to avoid the heat a little (plus the church is not air conditioned... but it was so beautiful when I saw it I didn't care).

We're from Chicago and the average temperature during August is actually about the same and up to 10 degrees hotter here than in Cabo in August, so I feel like the only thing I'll need to worry about is a little rain.

Is anybody else planning on an outdoor reception? Do you have a contingency plan in case of rain? I need to ask my WC about that...

#7 MERRYME

• 324 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

Cabo is definitely HOT in august... but just let everyone know and be prepared.
          You should not have any problems with rain or hurricanes... the worst time for them is late August and all of September.

Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
          22nd of December 2006

#8 BVP

• 108 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

AUGUST is HOT here... If you don't mind that, the only other concern would be storms... Usually, however, we do not get them until later in August or in September.

You can get better deals out here in August though... We did a few weddings in August and September and only had one rain-scare. It cleared up just before the ceremony though... Whew.

There was a storm here on August 5th I think it was.

To be COMPLETELY honest, and from a long-time resident here in Cabo - you are taking a chance with an August wedding... Just be sure to have a PLAN B to move your event inside (just in-case).... That is the best advice I can give.

Congrats by the way! :)

#9 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

I should say the date we picked is early in August (Aug. 9th) and our wedding coordinator said if there's rain they will move our reception indoors to another location at no extra charge. She said they rarely get rain that early in the month so that we shouldn't worry about it.

We could only both get vacation at the same time in August so we didn't really get to pick the date. I think it will be fine though :)

#10 Deighton

• 87 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

We're getting married Aug 8 in Cabo! I'm not worried about it. It will all work out and everyone will deal with the heat because they will be in Cabo, and of course that makes it better ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users