Wedding Guests That Are Single. How Did You Work Things Out?

We will be getting married in Excellence Riviera Cancun. I just shot off an email to the resort asking them what their supplement fee is. I didn't even know such a thing was possible. I just assumed you would have to pay the full double occupancy rate regardless if one or two people!!

I am getting married there too!  I have a few single friends and I have offered them all a plus one if they want it.  I am working with a TA so the single rate wasn't too crazy about $200 more, but not unreasonable.  Depending on who comes I will offer to pair them up, but not sure who is going to end up booking for sure.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how to address the invites to those of my guests who are single. Did you address it to Jane/John Smith and guest? Or did you just figure it was implied that they would bring a guest? Or did you just address it to Jane/John Smith and wait for them to ask you if they would bring a guest?

I did Jane Doe & Guest and for all the couples, I just put both names regards if they were both coming or not.  We know a few won't be able to make it up we still sent them save the dates, cause we had already talked to them.  We probably won't send invitations to the people who have said no, since that will have more information.

@@calgarybride2015 I think I will put Jane Smith and guest on the envelope. We dont have an issue with people bringing a plus 1 it was more of just an etiquette, how to let them know they could bring a guest, thing.

@@Sabes44 I feel the same way about not sending an invite for the wedding if you have already declined the save the date.

@@calgarybride2015 I think I will put Jane Smith and guest on the envelope. We dont have an issue with people bringing a plus 1 it was more of just an etiquette, how to let them know they could bring a guest, thing.

@@Sabes44 I feel the same way about not sending an invite for the wedding if you have already declined the save the date.

I told my friend she could bring her mom if she wanted lol!!  We also didn't mind who they brought and wanted people to know they could if they wished!!

I am getting married there too!  I have a few single friends and I have offered them all a plus one if they want it.  I am working with a TA so the single rate wasn't too crazy about $200 more, but not unreasonable.  Depending on who comes I will offer to pair them up, but not sure who is going to end up booking for sure.

Sabes,

Was it the TA that got you that Single supplement quote? Is that just 200.00 added to what the cost would be if it was double occupancy? 

I appreciate the info. I am trying not to get too excited since its quite a ways away :)

Hi @@Wrathwitch, I used destinationweddings.com, but also wright travel on here are great as well!  They gave us double occupancy and single occupancy rates.  Depending on how many days guests are staying depends on the costs for double or single.  I definitely recommend using a travel agent since they are able to get you better rates then you could on your own and it makes everyone else job easier when booking.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @@Wrathwitch, I used destinationweddings.com, but also wright travel on here are great as well!  They gave us double occupancy and single occupancy rates.  Depending on how many days guests are staying depends on the costs for double or single.  I definitely recommend using a travel agent since they are able to get you better rates then you could on your own and it makes everyone else job easier when booking.

Hope this helps!

Hmmm if I already booked the resort and reserved the date with the hotel's wedding planner do you think I could still employ the services of destinationweddings? Or would that be a bit backwards? Mostly to offer to coordinate with the other guests really. Are they doing all of the provisions for your wedding or do they not step on the toes of the resort coordinators?

Hmmm if I already booked the resort and reserved the date with the hotel's wedding planner do you think I could still employ the services of destinationweddings? Or would that be a bit backwards? Mostly to offer to coordinate with the other guests really. Are they doing all of the provisions for your wedding or do they not step on the toes of the resort coordinators?

As a Canadian your best bet would have been to work with a Canadian TA for package pricing since our pricing is often much cheaper through tour operators than what US customers pay when booking separately. they would then negotiate all the extras that were previously mentioned- and liaise with the resort itself. But if your bookings are done it may be too late.