#191 samilein

samilein
  • 25 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationKitchener-Waterloo

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

@Meandhim

yes I do head out towards Brampton, Mississauga and Milton so TO isn't that much further ... I can send you a message once I'm heading that way again - probably June sometime if that isn't too far away

@Kerrierf
So happy you had a fabulous time!!
Will catch up on all the posts I've missed but I did read briefly that you are back and had an incredible wedding!! So happy for you.

#192 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 9, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Punta Cana

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

@Kerrierf Congratulations! So glad to hear your wedding went so well! And you looked fantastic too :) Thanks for the great review!

So here come the questions/comments............

1. It sounds like the food was good, right? Meaning outside of the wedding dinner, at the regular restaurants. I posted a comment earlier this week that someone told me the food was really bad, but I'm glad to hear otherwise from you.

2. Did you and your guests all stay in the Punta Cana section? I've heard this section is older/unrenovated compared to Palace and Bavaro. Would you recommend this section? Is it right on the beach? Any complaints?

3. Did you use a travel agent to book your guests? If so, which one? This question is for @Meandhim and all the other brides on here too! 

4. If you didn't have extras, would there not have been any decor or centrepieces on all the tables at dinner? I'm guessing these come at an extra cost.

5. Another question for all brides, did you ladies send out RSVP cards with your invitations, even though most of your guests would have already booked their trip, so you would already know they were coming?

6. Did you bring decorations for your cake? Or did that all come with it? It's so cute!

7. Maybe you can help answer my question from a previous post. When going through the book of choices with the WC, did it seem that you could have any choice of flowers regardless of the package? i.e., flowers from Ocean Pearl, but everything else from Waves of Love or Pure Paradise.

I'm going back and forth with travel agents right now and I feel like all the quotes are coming in above my budget :( Starting to think my budget is too low (meaning for my guests' trips)

Woo! I think that's it for now. :)) All answers and comments are greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Jc14, 12 May 2015 - 06:00 PM.

#193 Kerrierf

Kerrierf
  • 107 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hey!

Oh good, I'm so glad I can help!

1. Overall, yes the good was great. Except for the service at the Mexican restaurant, I don't really have complaints about the food.

2. We all stayed at the Punta Cana section. Most parts are right near the beach, and they recently updated the rooms (check for pictures on their website, the walls and comforters are completely different).

3. We used a travel agent, but went through about 5 before we found one that effectively did the job. For the most part we found the agents not very helpful, but at least it diverted any questions about the travel. And believe me, people have questions!

4. That I couldn't say for sure, but my assumption would be that it would be extra.

5. We did an online RSVP with our website and confirmed with our travel agent.

6. It came like that! Perfect, right?

7. What time of year are you thinking? Changing that may drastically change the costs for your guests - it was definitely a large factor for us.

#194 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

@Kerrierf Thanks for the quick response! We are planning for this December.. so we are planning asap! Do you mind sharing who you used as your travel agent?

#195 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

I have more questions for everyone.. sorry!

1. Is anyone staying in the Bavaro or Palace, or stayed there in the past? Thoughts and comments on them?

2. For those doing the symbolic ceremony (would you believe I'm back on the fence about this?), did you do the legal part at home BEFORE or AFTER your DR wedding? I'm considering maybe doing it after. But do you need to bring your marriage license with you? 

Thanks!!

#196 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

@Jc14

I stayed at the Punta Cana The first time I went in Building 2000 on the map...I thought it was great. This time we are going to the Bavaro Section, I have heard it is good. The Palace Section is being renovated from May to Nov this year...you may want to check if they will be finished with renos.

I am Doing a Symbolic Wedding. I am doing my Legal Ceremony before...I was going to do it after...but Carolina told me that because its technically a "renewal" package you have to show your marriage certificate. You may want to email and confirm with her.

I used Laura at the Flight Center in the Beaches because she is right next to my office...best advise find someone compatible with you...the right TA is the most important part. Join the Canadian Destination Weddings Facebook page...lots of good TA's on there from what I hear.

@samilein

Not to far away at all...anytime between now and Nov is fine :) 

I email Carolina with the same centerpeice...but asking for an open rose in a brighter pink...$35 per centerpeice...wa-wa...out of price range.. funny there is such a price difference in what she quoted me and you...oh well. Maybe I send her too many emails and I'm getting on her nerves..lol

@Kerrierf

Besides your beautiful wedding what was your Favourite part of the Trip / Resort? 

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#197 samilein

samilein
  • 25 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationKitchener-Waterloo

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

@Meandhim

Whhhaaat??? Really? $30 for each small arrangement with 1 rose, 1 baby's breath and 1 hydrangea ... wow...she definitely quoted me $12/arrangement, so it will be $24 total as id like two per table...
I've sent her tons of emails too it's so hard trying to get all the information completed so that you know exact what "budget" you're working with and that's my fear...getting to the resort and ending up with a surprise ...
The one thing I will do if I choose the resort vs. the JF, or either really is print all emails and highlight prices and stuff/arrangements -

#198 Kerrierf

Kerrierf
  • 107 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

@Meandhim good question!  The beach and the food were great... but I think I have a few favourite moments.

- Every afternoon around 3 pm our group would naturally end up at the pool. There was a point where it was about 30 of us (our of the 40 adults) that were all there, having drinks and chilling in the shady end of the water.  There was also a foam party one day, so that just made it even better.

- The night before the wedding my bridesmaids and I went on an adventure and found the "white party" on the beach that the hotel was running. It was amazing.

- One night all the "younger" people in our party went to the adults only pool to drink.  The bar is right in the water, so it was fun/different.

- Our last night we finally took out a laptop and streamed the Montreal playoff game. ALL of our group, plus about 25 others all gathered around and were cheering for the Habs... that was amazing.

- The wine and cheese on the beach was a REALLY nice time just to connect with my new hubby and spend time just the 2 of us.

@Jc14 we used Orleans travel here in Ottawa.

#199 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

@Kerrierf ok thanks! btw i was in orleans a weeks ago and loved it :) 

@Meandhim thanks for that insight! do you have the renewal pkgs and prices? i dont see it online. is that specifially for symbolic ceremonies? send if you have pls!

#200 Jc14

Jc14
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

@Kerrierf @Meandhim what time was/is your ceremonies?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grand palladium, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users