@@Jc14, no it's included. There wasn't any food though - not sure how important snacks are to you! 

We didn't do a signature cocktail, as I wasn't sure how that time of day would play out I left it up to our guests to order what they wanted.  The beer was amazing, and quite a few people got into the "coco locos" which was like a pina colada without pineapple but with cinnamon.

• Like 1

Hey ladies!

The board has been a bit quiet lately, I figured everyone was full force into planning like myself.  Knocked a lot of things off of my to do list in the past few weeks and trouble shooting a few things. First I found out that the store where I purchased my gown had went into bankruptcy and after a panicked 48hrs was able to get my dress (not the dress I paid for but the floor sample, that's a longer story). But  I have a beautiful gown none the less and awaiting my first alterations appointment. 

Then my mom flew into town, and we spent 6 days doing all things wedding. Made all of the invitations, made my toss bouquet, found my dress for the legal ceremony (renting from rent the runway) and found my shoes. Not to mention the many trips to Micheal's and paper source, so the last few weeks have been a blur to say the least. 

I hope everyone is doing okay with all the planning and not getting too stressed out. @@Jc14, the drop fee for the welcome bags is standard. I was told 3 dollars per bag, but I agree 2 dollars per bag quickly adds up. I'm still debating if I want to do a welcome bag or just a quick welcome letter with the weekend itinerary for all the same reasons that @@Kerrierf mentioned. If I decide to do bags we will hand them out to our guest on the 1st night's dinner. We are going to meet everyone in buffet restaurant and have the hotel section off an area for us so that are guests no where to meet. 

The one thing that I am still really trying to figure out is how to get the mini wine bottles for our favors. I've seen a 4pack of miniature bottles of barefoot wine sell for 3 dollars at my local liquor store, so I find it hard to convince myself to spend 400+ dollars on the liquor sold through Dominican favors. I'm hoping I can order what I want and have it delivered to the resort or directly to the Jellyfish. We'll see

How is everyone doing with planning? Updates needed!

@@shevette925 glad to hear you figure out your dress situation! That must've been stressful!

My planning is going well. I'm just debating back and forth what to do about our dinner and beach bash. We will probably have 25 people max, so the semi-private dinner would be a good option, I just wish that there was music during dinner.

Questions: 1. do all the restaurants play music? I would be happy with whatever they are playing during dinner.

2. Has anyone brought their own decorations for the semi-private dinner? And did get set them up nicely for you? I am planning on bringing chair sashes, vases and flowers.

Regarding the beach bash, we are finding 2 hours kind of short for the dance portion of our wedding. If you think of any wedding you've gone to locally, there is music and dancing all night long, which is easily 5 or 6 hours! I know we have the option of going to the disco after 11pm. The quote I was given for an additional hour of the beach bash is quite high and I'm not sure why.

Questions: Did anyone play their own music at the beach bash? Did one of the staff man your iPod for you? How did u find the atmosphere of the party without the DJ, lights, etc?

Thanks!

@@shevette925, what a stress for your dress!  I'm glad it worked out for you.

@@Jc14, I could be wrong, but I'm about 95% sure that the restaurants typically do play a background music.  At the steak restaurant the band trio also goes around to serenade people.

If you want to do your own decorations you can. After your meeting with the coordinator she'll come by your room to pick up your supplies.  If you really have a specific layout you want, I'd suggest taking a picture of how you want it set up.  (We did a table for our favours, so here's how they set it up).

The beach bash IS short, which concerned me a little too. As I've said, I think it's because of a by-law of the hotel regarding noise. That being said, by the time we actually wrapped up it was closer to 11:30-midnight and most people were exhausted from being in the sun all day.  The other thing is that because you're actually dancing in the sand, it takes a LOT more energy out of you! Everyone's legs were feeling it the next day.

We brought our own music,  but had the guy play some of his at the end.

post-276456-0-56371600-1435683520_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone,

With a little less than 6 months to go I am starting to think about some of the details!

1.) Did anyone do a welcome reception?  And if so, where did you have this or what could my options be?  Since we do not have a formal rehearsal, I wanted to get everyone (about 50 guests) together to mingle a bit.

2.) Did anyone get their hair and makeup done at the spa?  I am wondering if I need to have a trial.  I am a bit nervous by how their style might be in the Dominican.  Also, how far in advance should I book my bridesmaid for their hair/makeup appointments?

Thanks for the responses in advance!

Hey Girls!

I've been missing from the BDB site in general for awhile now...just too busy...My planning has not been going so well. AC cancelled our trip and then changed our dates!...but that's finally straightened out (Long Story). One of the Groomsmen called me today...he might not make it to the wedding! I had a ton of wedding things that I was hoping to have done last month but I didn't get to them and now they just seem to be piling up!....*SIGH*

Have any of you gotten a response from Carolina lately???...I wrote with some questions at the beginning of June...still no answer....I know she was on Vacation until June 20th....I waited until this week for a reply and then I resent my email again on Monday and got another back in the office July 7th notice... 

@@shevette925 So sorry to hear about your dress stress...Im so glad that it is all straightened out now! Love to see a pic of the new dress! I will keep my eye out for any mini wine / champagne  ideas for you. How nice to have your mom come to visit and do wedding things :)

@@Jc14 I haven't decided between doing the sound system or getting a DJ yet....let me know what you pick!

@@Beachgirl622 For a welcome reception I'm just going to get everyone to meet in the lobby bar at 9 pm the first night and do introductions and give out the welcome bags. I know there is a deal 135 for hair and make up if you book it through the WC but none of us want make up just hair, I'm trying to get a hold of Carolina to ask if there is a special price for that but no answer so far...

@@Kerrierf I am so Glad you are still around answering questions and  giving good advice :)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response @@Meandhim . I have many questions for Carolina, but was going to make a complete list before I send away.  I have decided on having the dj, I don't want the stress of making a playlist for the entire reception.  I am too indecisive.  I am still trying to decide between the musical trio or the soundsystem for the ceremony.  The thought of having live music sounds nice.  

• Like 2

@@Beachgirl622 I'm going with the sound system for the ceremony because it's included... I'm leaning towards the DJ for the reception just because I don't want to make a full list of music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

@@Kerrierf Love your favour table! I think we will just have a small table for our guestbook - should this be at the ceremony or the reception?

@@Beachgirl622 We are going to have a small cocktail party on the night we arrive, as @@Meandhim is also doing. I'll just tell everyone to meet in the lobby at a certain time. I've decided that this is when we will hand out the welcome bags, to avoid paying a fee to the resort! I THINK I'm going to have my hair and makeup done at the spa. I might be able to do it myself, but if I'm stressed or something, I don't want to mess it up! I don't think i'll do a trial ($$$), but I'll bring a photo to show them what I want. My hope is that since they do this all the time, they will know what they're doing. Plus I'm going for a pretty simple style.

@@Meandhim The last I've heard from C is July 2. I've only written her once since, and am waiting for a response. Have you heard back from her? I'm STILL deciding what to do with regards to the DJ. We will probably be extending the beach bash to 3 hours, which also means paying the DJ for an additional hour. Costs are quickly adding up! Are you doing the beach bash as well? (Sorry I forget what everyone's plans are!) I'm currently downloading all my music, and testing out the wedding dj app I found. Once I have all my music set up the way I want it, I'm going to sit (yes for 3 hours!) and listen to it all and see how it sounds. Then I'll decide from there. 

Things I still can't decide on:

- DJ or app

- hair and makup by spa or do it myself

- semi-private or private dinner

Also, I feel like I have a lot to bring down between decorations for the tables and items for my welcome bags. I'm hoping it will fit into 2 suitcases max! Speaking of which, what is everyone putting in their welcome bags?

Edited by Jc14

@@Jc14 we did our guest book during the dinner. The only problem with that was that not everyone saw it or took the time to sign.  If you want to do it during the ceremony, the guests will be brought to the ceremony location about half an hour before, so there's definitely time.  I'm also pretty sure that you can ask the wedding coordinator to move it over to your reception spot for you.

As for everyone trying to reach Carolina, I think this time of year is her time off. Last summer it was really hard to hear from her too.