Hi everyone!

I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread for the 2015 brides since we seem to be the ones actively posting on the 2013 and 2014 Grand Palladium threads.  Hopefully some newlyweds will visit to give feedback and we'll be able to stay more connected and able to help each other out this way.

• Like 1

Hey @@Kerrierf

Thanks for starting the group! I will def post any questions or tips that I can come up with here. After a mini-panic attack and being talked off the ledge by my Travel agent, decided to stick with my original plans at GPP. Just waiting to get confirmation of our date. My TA said that the hotels are pretty busy with summer wedding season right now, so not to be alarmed if they take a bit of time responding to request. 

Cheers!

@@Kerrierf - Lovely Idea!

@@shevette925 - Grand Palladium Punta Cana is a beautiful resort. You chose well. :)

& I'm here ladies for any questions you may have. We've shot @ Grand Palladium - {http://www.shoeboxphotography.ca/grand-palladium-punta-cana-jessica-philippe-dominican-republic-wedding-photographers/} // {http://www.shoeboxphotography.ca/romance-session-punta-cana-rock-the-dress-jessica-philippe/} so we have some insight in case you need it among just general Punta Cana wedding knowledge.

Enjoy planning your weddings beauties!

XO

Mel

I'm so excited - I feel like I've FINALLY made progress this week!

- We've ordered the invitations (decided to do the languages separately)

- Booked our flights and finalized our group info from the Travel Agent

- Updated our website

- Set new dates and deadlines for upcoming projects

- Confirmed what we're doing for favours!

Go! Go! Go!

Where are you ladies at with your planning?

Wow @@Kerrierf Congratulations! You've gotten a ton of stuff done. Thats' really great. I'm feeling a bit stalled with my planet. Still waiting to hear about confirmation on our date before I can make my save the dates. I am a assuming the hotel WC is catching up on work since she was out of the office last week. Hopefully I will hear something this week.  Have you decided on which package you will be using?

Thanks @@shevette925!  There were long stretches where all I was doing was looking for ideas, it felt like I'd never actually get anything done.  We didn't know the date, or have our hotel confirmed when we sent a "Save the Date" - it was really more of an announcement that "we're getting married in May in Punta Cana, so start saving".

We're looking at the Waves of Love package, but I'm considering bringing silk flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres because the costs are ridiculous, and this way I have what I want and they won't wilt in the heat!  We love the beach party after, but have no idea what we'll do yet for the dinner.  What're you guys doing?

• Like 1

My colors are orange, green, and blush pink so the "tropical paradise" and "Ocean Pearl" packages fit really nicely with what I have in mind. I haven't made a final decision yet. I am trying to figure out if they will allow me to tweak some of the flowers so that it matches a little more what I had in mind. I'm not a very crafty person, so I'm not committing to making anything from home and bringing it with me. I'm sure they will make sure to up-charge me for any changes that I want made, lol. 

We are planning on having about 100 guests, probably more, so a semi private dinner is out of the question. So right now I am thinking about having a private dinner on the beach and then the private beach party (hopefully in the same location). That way we will have about 5 hours to do all of the traditional reception things and have enough time to dance and celebrate.  If that works out, everything will be finished around 11 and the older folks can head to bed and I'm sure the people still wanting to party can have time to go out. 

That is what I ideally have in my head, but I am still waiting to hear back from the WC to hear what all of my options are.  

That sounds lovely!  I'm relatively crafty, but very  busy so I was just going to buy the flowers on etsy.

That's an amazing sized group!  It sounds like a really fun day.

What're your plans for hair/makeup?  Are you going to use the spa at the hotel, or bring in someone?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the confirmation for our date, yay!  And our website is halfway done. I'll probably have it up and running on in the next two weeks and hopefully will have save the dates out soon after! 

For my hair, I have a friend who is invited who had done my hair in the past, so I told her if she comes she can do my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. Hopefully, that way I will have someone I trust to do my hair and can avoid the outside vendor fees. For makeup, I'll probably have a trial done in the states, take some pictures and bring the pictures to the spa to have them replicate it in the spa. I considered hiring an outside makeup artist, but apparently there is a $500 outside vendor fee, sheesh!

Oh I, recently found out that one of my co-workers recently honeymooned at GPPC!  She said it was wonderful. She didn't have her wedding there, but said it was a great resort and that we made a great choice. I'm going to try to get some pictures from her. 

What have you decided hair and make up? How is planning going? I know we can't be the only 2015 GPPC brides out there?!? haha 

Cheers 

Woohoo! Congrats!

What are you using to make your website?  We used squarespace for ours - it's so simple and clean!

The outside vendor fees are CRAZY! I was considering have someone to come in for hair and makeup for the wedding party and moms - but I just can't bring myself to justify the fee.

Planning is coming along great. We sent out the invites last week, ordered the favours, and just decided what we're going to do for a guestbook.  Now I'm going to start working on the legal requirements side... I have to order a new birth certificate, then I'm going to try to figure out the other documents we need and how to get them translated.

Happy Planning!