208 replies to this topic

#191 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

@calgarybride2015 I love Kelowna, but I agree, if it's almost the same price tag there is no comparison to Mexico haha. 

@KAT2015 haha we are sort of adopting the same motto. There's always unhappy people no matter what you do so why stress out about it? I was very upset about a few things at first but I'm pretty much over it now and DGAF haha. The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that my grandma won't be able to come but I understand why so it's ok.

@beckys98 wow!! Even if I was loaded I don't think I would spend that much. I'd probably just get a really nice car or go on a really nice vacation. I have a few friends who got married in the city for about $10,000-13,000 which was really good, so I think 17,000 for a destination wedding/honeymoon including airfare is really not that bad. 

event.png

#192 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

I admit... My first wedding was a ridiculous cost that could have been put against something far more important... We were well over 50k and only had 120 guests... (Venue had a firm capacity).... So this time around we are budgeting for 15k not including the rings. My dad helped almost entirely for my first wedding- this time it's all FI and I, so we are really trying to keep our budget under control! P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#193 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

@calgarybride2015 I love Kelowna, but I agree, if it's almost the same price tag there is no comparison to Mexico haha.

@KAT2015 haha we are sort of adopting the same motto. There's always unhappy people no matter what you do so why stress out about it? I was very upset about a few things at first but I'm pretty much over it now and DGAF haha. The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that my grandma won't be able to come but I understand why so it's ok.

@beckys98 wow!! Even if I was loaded I don't think I would spend that much. I'd probably just get a really nice car or go on a really nice vacation. I have a few friends who got married in the city for about $10,000-13,000 which was really good, so I think 17,000 for a destination wedding/honeymoon including airfare is really not that bad.

That was our guests costs!! Our costs for the wedding would have been SO much more that I'm even to sick thinking of a guesstimate.

I admit... My first wedding was a ridiculous cost that could have been put against something far more important... We were well over 50k and only had 120 guests... (Venue had a firm capacity).... So this time around we are budgeting for 15k not including the rings. My dad helped almost entirely for my first wedding- this time it's all FI and I, so we are really trying to keep our budget under control! P

I'm sure it's a different feeling when it's solely your money!
I am trying to remember who Kim is and what I'm like on an average day and not get too wrapped up in a lot of over the top things. I'm more for the party than the glitz and glamor. Does that make sense? I'm not over the top at all by nature so why now? This has helped me with some budgeting numbers but others I just realized I was being cheap and sucked it up. Something's I stand firm on.

I do have to say sometimes I wish I hadn't jumped into my BMs gifts so quickly. I got them all the stuff they need for their day but I had really wanted to do pandora bracelets. I know it's kind of out of the budget so I did other things. Now I kinda wished I had and just spaced out the cost. Fiancé would kill me but I can dream haha

Edited by calgarybride2015, 02 September 2014 - 10:29 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#194 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

That was our guests costs!! Our costs for the wedding would have been SO much more that I'm even to sick thinking of a guesstimate.

I'm sure it's a different feeling when it's solely your money!
I am trying to remember who Kim is and what I'm like on an average day and not get too wrapped up in a lot of over the top things. I'm more for the party than the glitz and glamor. Does that make sense? I'm not over the top at all by nature so why now? This has helped me with some budgeting numbers but others I just realized I was being cheap and sucked it up. Something's I stand firm on.

I do have to say sometimes I wish I hadn't jumped into my BMs gifts so quickly. I got them all the stuff they need for their day but I had really wanted to do pandora bracelets. I know it's kind of out of the budget so I did other things. Now I kinda wished I had and just spaced out the cost. Fiancé would kill me but I can dream haha

I thought about Pandora charms as well, at least for one of them. She already has a bracelet so I know she'd use it. My other maid of honor is from Argentina and they don't sell that over there (or at least affordably) so it would be a total waste of money to get her a bracelet, but I did think of a pandora necklace or earrings. I guess I have to see how much they'd cost. I'm starting to think that maybe I'll pay for their dresses because one is a student and I know the other one is making a huge effort to come from so far away so i'm trying to help her as much as I can. If that's the case I won't have a lot of money left over so I'll probably put together some survival kits or something like that which I can do most of it myself. 

I'm also trying to stay away from all those wedding blogs where they post "real weddings". What they always forget to mention is that they're real weddings, on a 60k budget! hahah. I think it creates really unrealistic expectations for the average bride and it's way too easy to get wrapped up on all the little expensive details which really don't matter at the end of the day. 

event.png

#195 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

I thought about Pandora charms as well, at least for one of them. She already has a bracelet so I know she'd use it. My other maid of honor is from Argentina and they don't sell that over there (or at least affordably) so it would be a total waste of money to get her a bracelet, but I did think of a pandora necklace or earrings. I guess I have to see how much they'd cost. I'm starting to think that maybe I'll pay for their dresses because one is a student and I know the other one is making a huge effort to come from so far away so i'm trying to help her as much as I can. If that's the case I won't have a lot of money left over so I'll probably put together some survival kits or something like that which I can do most of it myself. 

I'm also trying to stay away from all those wedding blogs where they post "real weddings". What they always forget to mention is that they're real weddings, on a 60k budget! hahah. I think it creates really unrealistic expectations for the average bride and it's way too easy to get wrapped up on all the little expensive details which really don't matter at the end of the day. 

I totally agree!   I priced it out and the bracelet is $65, and the cheapest charm is $30.. so about $100 per bridesmaid!  So $300 and with that I couldn't afford to get them much else! I do like that I have gotten them all the accessories for the wedding (although not Pandora quality LOL) and paid for a small portion of their dress.   I know at the end of the day it's the thought that counts - maybe this is just my taste coming thru!

I've never seen 'real weddings' so it's probably for the best!  

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

#196 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

I've bought everyone's dress (4) at $150 each...is that enough? Well....it's on credit so it's being paid off slowly which helps lol It's so early that I know I will want to get them something else as a gift. I like the idea of getting some of their accessories - maybe some cute earrings? I like the bracelet idea too....so much to decide!

Edited by Lia33, 03 September 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#197 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:34 AM

@Lia33 I think that's super generous of you and certainly enough. I get what you mean though... I keep finding them other things that I want to get them. Its such an honor that they are flying for our wedding, I want to make sure they know how truly appreciative we are but cant go crazy with it. I think earrings would be good, especially if there are certain ones that you find that you like.

Edited by TiffanyMC, 05 September 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#198 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

@TiffanyMC I will see what my budget looks like as we get closer to the date. Luckily I have plenty of time to put this off lol I definitely can't go crazy and would like to not be totally broke by the end of this lol 

#199 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

I agree, the dress is more than enough but something small, like one piece of jewelry is nice too. Etsy has some cute things with decent prices!

I totally understand wanting to buy a lot!!
I've gotten them quite a few things but still think about more! I love giving gifts!

Edited by calgarybride2015, 05 September 2014 - 03:18 PM.

-Kim

#200 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

For my three bridesmaids I ended up paying $50 for each dress, I am paying to have their hair done on the day ($75) and am buying them earrings and a bracelet to wear ($80). It ends up being more than I had planned but they are my sisters so what the heck!! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users