Anyone Else Overwhelmed With Cost?

hahha fanny packs...men.. mine wants all our guests to wear bright orange shirts that say 'Griswold family vacation' Frick en hilarious but not sure our guests would see the humor but we would certainly stand out at the airport...but thankfully he just wants that for the trip there not our wedding lol

LOL my family would think that was awesome and partake in it :)

Ok, ladies... I just had another freak out.

What are yall doing to cut costs?

The thing that is really getting us is the additional guests... My fiance's family is from Mexico City and a big portion of the family will be attending (about 40 people). From the US, we'll have about 20 guests. This puts our total around 60!!! Yes, SIXTY!

To cut costs, we aren't having a DJ or dance floor, no additional flowers... (my bouquet, his boutonniere, 2 corsages, and 2 boutonnieres are included. I'd prefer bouquets for my MOHs, but again, trying to cut costs....)

What else can we do??? 

Here's the thing that makes me sick: The FI reallllly wants bubba jugs..but goodness...60 jugs = $598!!!!! That just seems outrageous! 

I keep going back to details about the wedding.. I want to add some color to our wedding... but they charge a ton for ribbons, etc.

Maybe if I go the simple route and just have coral napkins for a "pop" of color??

I know this post is all over the place...but that's how my brain is working right now lol

• Like 1

I also enjoy seeing what everyone is up to wedding wise on here! Everyone seems to have great ideas! My FI also doesn't get any of the money spending!! He is finally resigned to just letting me do my thing really! He knows I am also pretty frugal so it's not too crazy!

When I went dress shopping he thought long and hard about my "budget" and settled on $500. I smiled. But then I just couldn't drop $1500+ on a dress so I ended up buying a knockoff from China! It fits perfect and was well under his budget! I am tying to shop around for things that I know I want and just buy it when I see a deal!

Found FI's tie and shoes at the bay during bay days. The ring bearers outfits are from OldNavy when they were on sale, flower girls dress off Babysteals.com...

So when I spent $2500 on our photographer it was a little easier! And I think I got a great deal with that! He is from my FI hometown so we did our engagement shoot last week while we were there. And he is coming to the wedding week and doing a TTD after the wedding!

Where did you get your dress from?

I've adjusted my budget at least 3 times since I started planning. Once I know how many guests are coming I will be in a better position to know how much I'll spend on OOT bags, programs, favors, etc. I'm honest;y hoping this is where I will see a savings. A bride can dream...can't she! :)  

I've adjusted my budget at least 3 times since I started planning. Once I know how many guests are coming I will be in a better position to know how much I'll spend on OOT bags, programs, favors, etc. I'm honest;y hoping this is where I will see a savings. A bride can dream...can't she! :)  

I am hoping to save money there too!  I am below my budget now for that, but want to wait till I get closer and figure out how much room I will have in bags to bring stuff with us.  Hopefully you will be able to get some good deals and savings!

• Like 1

Are you having a private meal or buffet? my resort doesn't charge if you have it at the buffet and they set u up in a corner so it's semi private but for a private meal it's 60.00ish a plate!! at an AI no thanks we already paid for our meals in our ticket..and FI wants buffet so we aren't closing specific food for our guests they can have whatever they want!

Ok, ladies... I just had another freak out.

What are yall doing to cut costs?

The thing that is really getting us is the additional guests... My fiance's family is from Mexico City and a big portion of the family will be attending (about 40 people). From the US, we'll have about 20 guests. This puts our total around 60!!! Yes, SIXTY!

To cut costs, we aren't having a DJ or dance floor, no additional flowers... (my bouquet, his boutonniere, 2 corsages, and 2 boutonnieres are included. I'd prefer bouquets for my MOHs, but again, trying to cut costs....)

What else can we do??? 

Here's the thing that makes me sick: The FI reallllly wants bubba jugs..but goodness...60 jugs = $598!!!!! That just seems outrageous! 

I keep going back to details about the wedding.. I want to add some color to our wedding... but they charge a ton for ribbons, etc.

Maybe if I go the simple route and just have coral napkins for a "pop" of color??

I know this post is all over the place...but that's how my brain is working right now lol

@@pddcmc I am in the same boat as you. I was hoping only 40, and it is looking more towards 75 right now!!! I AM FREAKING OUT!!!  :unsure:  I am just lucky right now, because everyone is saying they are coming, but no one has even reserved their rooms with my TA, so my FI keeps telling me to stop freaking out until we have a reason to freak out. lol

Can you bring your own decorations to the wedding? If you can there are tons of places you can get cheap CUTE decorations that can add the "pop" of color you want! That is what I am doing. Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Etsy, Target - those are some easy quick cheap places to get really cute things with color

Instead of Bubba Jugs, we are getting tumblers from The Dollar Store. They are good and will cost a lot less than $600. You can get a sticker made on etsy for about $5-10 and printed for cheap at a local shop around you I am sure for about $20-30

We arent doing a DJ either, we have Pandora 1 (for no commercials) and we are also in the process of making a play list on our ipod we can just push shuffle on. The speaker system comes with a mic at the resort, so we will have someone announce us and the wedding party in the beginning and use it for the toasts

Another way we are cutting down is ALCOHOL. It will be CRAZY expensive if we do open bar for the full 5 hours with 75 people, so what we are doing if it comes to that is open for 2 hours and cash bar for the rest. We figured our guests wouldnt mind paying for a little alcohol, seeing as the resort we are staying at (not where I am getting married) is all inclusive, so hopefully they wont mind for those few hours.

I also got a hold of a local florist, didnt tell them I was a bride, asked him for the price of 6 dozen of the flowers I want and 3 bunches of babys breathe and he sent it to me. $237... I am bringing ribbon and such and some of the moms gonig are going to put mine and the girls bouquets together themselves!!

Hope any of this helped!