Anyone Else Overwhelmed With Cost?

@@Sabes44 - I like that idea - having photos at the courthouse. We are getting married before our "wedding" in Mexico (shhh...), and are going to recognize that date as our wedding day, but it would be nice to have a few photos of us making it official as well. 

That's all my fiance wants too, just a fun party.  Which I want too, but I know all of the gals will appreciate the fun, cute stuff!

@@Sabes44 - I like that idea - having photos at the courthouse. We are getting married before our "wedding" in Mexico (shhh...), and are going to recognize that date as our wedding day, but it would be nice to have a few photos of us making it official as well. 

@ppcmc it was actually my fiances idea!  I was just thinking we would take selfies or have a random person take some pictures lol.  It was a great idea and it will make it more special to have good photos of that time especially since that is the legal wedding!

Originally we were going to get legally married in Mexico but the cost and everything you had to do was ridiculous.  Easier just to do it here before.  And that way I get our anniversary when I really wanted it!! :) 

@tygrlily

My FI laughs about me getting on this forum too. I joke and tell him "they are my virtual wedding friends." He knows I spend a lot of time on here...lol

• Like 1

I love this forum, not sure my fiance gets what it actually is.  Lately it has been my break during the day with work being super stressful and crazy. Its nice to be able to chat with other gals who are also planning a wedding.  Most of my friends are already married with kids and did this 5-10 years ago.

@@Sabes44

Yeah a lot of my friends are married too and I find once they finished with all their wedding planning they don't want to be messing around with someone else's. I don't really ever talk about my plans with them because it just seems they get bored or don't want to hear me talk about it. They go onto a different subject, like what their kids are doing that day. So that's why I come on here because it's nice to talk about it with people who are planning a wedding the same time.

I am also finding that a lot of my friends and family do not understand the work that goes into a DW. The common belief is that its all inclusive so they dont seem to think it takes effort to plan a DW. This site has helped a lot in planning, getting ideas and making me feel 'normal' when it comes to the emotions felt while planning a DW. AHAH

Isn't it nice to feel like you are "normal" when talking to everyone else @@MissJen3!!  No one I know has ever planned a  DW and despite my background there are still a lot of new things I am learning and figuring out.

My FI makes fun of me about being on this forum a lot, too. BUUUUUT, for one thing, my mother is all the way in Hawaii and my sister is in North Carolina...so who else is going to share with me and help me with my wedding planning anxiety..and bounce ideas off of? Secondly, what else does he want me to do with my time? As a nurse at a giant hospital, we only do 12-hour shifts, three days a week...and I don't want to be scrambling around the last few weeks before the wedding trying to plan things!

It's nice to find that your feelings and emotions are shared..even with people you don't really know. And, if I feel like our wedding planning experience, in general, is different than those who are planning or have planned a local wedding.

So, YAY! for friends on BDW!!!  :)

I totally agree @@pddcmc!  Especially lately we have both been so busy with work and selling a house, we have barely seen each other.  Which has been tough but more time to plan the wedding :)