Photo

Sand Wax Unity Candle?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NotSoWitty

NotSoWitty
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

I really love the idea of a unity candle but with a beach wedding all my research seems to shout that it's a big no-no, even with hurricane jars which was my original idea.  :( And I'm not a big fan of sand pouring ceremonies (sorry, I get where it comes from but it just isn't really me, maybe because I've never seen it in real life)

So, I've been looking around and came across the idea of using sand wax, or wax crystals or wax granules. You pour them into a jar like you would for the sand ceremony, then add a wick and light your candle. I like that it still incorporates the flame (with all the implications of being each other's light in the dark and all that cheese-tastic stuff!) whilst being a bit more resistant to the wind as it'll only be lit for a few minutes. 

Has anyone any experience of this? And does anyone know where I can get the sand crystals in the UK? I'm going to check my local art shops at the weekend, but it doesn't look that common. 

#2 Rainmaker

Rainmaker
    • 186 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do either especially the idea of sand shifting and such. I ended up doing a Unity Glass - www.unityinglass.com

It's much more expensive than the sand, but I just received my sculpture and it is FANTASTIC! If you end up doing this I can send you the wording we used in our ceremony. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users