6 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsGrabs

FutureMrsGrabs
  • 28 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Domincan Republic
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hi all! My FI and I are getting married at Dreams La Romana in the Dominican Republic next August and are looking for a photographer. I had my heart set on Katya Nova, however, she isn’t going to be available on our date. There are several other good photographers in the area but they’re pretty expensive, and I don’t LOVE them. I feel like if we’re going to spend quite a bit of money then I should be totally in love with my photographer. At this point, it would be around the same price to pay travel costs for a photographer in the states and their package price (as long as it’s reasonable), which I’m totally willing to do if I can find someone I absolutely am in love with. Do you ladies have any suggestions?

We would like someone who has done destination weddings before and I really like an artisitic romantic candid photography style. I’m not crazy about the overly posed photos.

Any help would be SO appreciated, at this point, I’m totally overwhelmed!

#2 ShoeBoxPhotography

ShoeBoxPhotography
  • Insiders
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hi @FutureMrsGrabs,

Have you heard of us?? Typically we don't shoot in Punta Cana in August as we're only local to the island from November - June, BUT we will be there for just 2 weeks that summer and Aug 1 is free! We'd love for you to check us out and hopefully we'll chat soon. :) www.shoeboxphotography.ca

Happy Planning!

Separator.png
    Signature+Image.png

Blog.pngFacebook.pngGoogle%252B.pngInstagram.pngPinterest.pngTwitter.pngLet%2527s+Chat+arrow+and+button.png

#3 danielaf

danielaf
    • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I just booked Photo Souvenir and you should contact them. I saw a recent post on their blog at Dreams La Romana and it is amazing. I LOVE their work and have heard so much about how wonderful they are that it ca be a good option for you. Hope it helps and good luck

Daniela

#4 LauraFung

LauraFung
      • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

@ShoeBoxPhotography

We are also getting married at Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic in April 2015 and also looking for a photographer.  Wedding date will be April 13th, 2015.  Are you guys available that date?  As well, we would like to take photos the day after the wedding at Casa de Campo at the Alton Chavon.  I've seen people take photos there - have you ever shot there before?  

Check out your website and we are happy with your work.  I would love to talk more with you in regards to cost and packages etc.  Our email: laura.and.pl@gmail.com

Laura and Paul

#5 ShoeBoxPhotography

ShoeBoxPhotography
        • Insiders
        • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

@LauraFung

Hi Laura! We are free that date! & I'd love to chat with you more.

Emailing you with more info shortly. :)

Mel

Separator.png
          Signature+Image.png

Blog.pngFacebook.pngGoogle%252B.pngInstagram.pngPinterest.pngTwitter.pngLet%2527s+Chat+arrow+and+button.png

#6 LauraFung

LauraFung
          • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi @ShoeBoxPhotography!

Thank you getting back to me so quickly! It was really nice chatting with you over Skype.  We love how personal you are.  

We do like your style - soft, natural and captures those special moments.  Gonna look through more photos on your blog: www.shoeboxphotography.ca/blog

Laura

#7 ShoeBoxPhotography

ShoeBoxPhotography
            • Insiders
            • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hi @LauraFung,

Of course! My pleasure. :) & Thank you. Our goal is to create timeless, natural images for our couples. We want you to love your photos today, in 10 years and in 50 years! & To become heirlooms for every generation of your family. :)

Can't wait to talk to you more about your amazing wedding!!

XO - Mel

Separator.png
              Signature+Image.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Photographers, Dominican Republic, help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users