Fun Ceremony/reception Ideas!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 trbutler

trbutler
  • 224 posts
  • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

We are trying to make our wedding as fun as possible for our guests.  I have a couple of ideas for the wedding:

1 - Giving guests beach balls to throw during the recessional, we are also planning on playing Georgia Satellites - Keep your Hands to yourself :)

2 - Having glow bracelets for the guests for during the dinner and rest of the evening

3 - Doing a photo booth guest book with props and a chalk board to give us their wedding advice

We aren't having a DJ, my FI parents are pretty reserved so we are just having a dinner and then the "younger" people are going to party the rest of the night away with some bar hopping.

Does anyone have any other FUN ideas!

#2 DeborahWed

DeborahWed
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

I just had a conversation with my bridesmaids about it too!!!!!

how about these. I am thinking about the second with some Q&A:

1. Beanbag. Yes, it is not sandbag. This classic beanbag game can easily be DIYed for your wedding; add your silhouettes or monograms, or get a set in your wedding colors. http://www.fotavo.co...6hID70CuVLizdRA
    2. Flip cup ~Start off this drinking game with a round of boys vs. girls: the groom and the groomsmen against the bride and bridesmaids! Then, open it up to the rest of the guests. http://www.fotavo.co...MsXQCvjcBJtFhTp I like the game because it is much like a group game that can cheer up the whole guests.

#3 atennille

atennille
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

#1 and # 2 were on my list , it's great to see someone else with the same ideas.

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

#4 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

Yup #1 and #2 are on my list too! And our photographer added in a photobooth with props to our package so we will have this at the reception.

Also planning on adding a go-pro camera to a bottle of tequila during the dance (saw this on a brides video and it was amazing and hilariously fun!)

We are having a DJ so hoping the party goes til 11pm outdoors and then moves to the disco after. Funny- we are considered old by many but still want to have a great FUN wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 Lilian84

Lilian84
    • 172 posts
    • Wedding Location:Florida
    • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

One idea I have is chinese wish lanterns. It can be really pretty as well as thoughtful for the guests

http://www.wishlante...antern-packages

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#6 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

One idea I have is chinese wish lanterns. It can be really pretty as well as thoughtful for the guests
    http://www.wishlante...antern-packages

Ale sure you talk to your resorts. Many resorts are now banning these due to fire hazard- which I was bummed about since they are gorgeous... But alas they are not allowed at my resort!

#7 Lilian84

Lilian84
    • 172 posts
    • Wedding Location:Florida
    • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Ale sure you talk to your resorts. Many resorts are now banning these due to fire hazard- which I was bummed about since they are gorgeous... But alas they are not allowed at my resort!

Oh thank you for the tip... I didn't think of that, when the time comes I will be sure to check that out! 

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#8 nina1116

nina1116
    • 64 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

i love the go pro on the bottle of tequila! 

We are thinking of doing some sort of eye spy game during the reception. 

#9 MJTK

MJTK
    • 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
    • LocationSaskatchewan Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

When are you planning to play the games? How will you in operate them into your evening?

#10 bkprettygirl

bkprettygirl
    • 122 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Costa Rica

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

I would like to do some games too... but not sure when people would play them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users