27 replies to this topic

#11 Khryniw14

Khryniw14
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Mexico
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Wow! Thank you so much for all the advise. You all are proving already how much support someone can get with this forum. Such a fantastic idea. It helps take some stress away.

I know a couple of friends who used a travel agent that focuses on destination weddings and loved her so I think I will start there.

We think we know the date now.... May 14, 2014. Based on what I have been reading and hearing May is a month that is outside hurricane/rainy season, the expensive season and is overall a fairly consistent month and reasonably priced. Does this sound accurate?

Can't wait to learn more :)

#12 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Wow! Thank you so much for all the advise. You all are proving already how much support someone can get with this forum. Such a fantastic idea. It helps take some stress away.

I know a couple of friends who used a travel agent that focuses on destination weddings and loved her so I think I will start there.

We think we know the date now.... May 14, 2014. Based on what I have been reading and hearing May is a month that is outside hurricane/rainy season, the expensive season and is overall a fairly consistent month and reasonably priced. Does this sound accurate?

Can't wait to learn more :)

If you are wanting a specific date in May (2015?- you wrote 2014 but im guessing that was a typo) I would sort out your wish list, work with your TA and book ASAP. May is one of the busiest months for weddings (for the reasons you mentioned) and many resorts may only do 1 or 2 weddings a day. Believe it or not, many may already be solidly booked for your date so the quicker you can select a resort the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016, 10 July 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#13 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

@kmk2016 is absolutely right! When we were booking for our wedding in Jamaica, we were told that April and May are the busiest months of the year for resort weddings. I would guess that Mexico is probably the same, and yes exactly for the reasons you said. I was quite surprised when I was looking for a trip earlier in the year just for a vacation that the rates for May are higher than I was expecting! Definitely try to get some details sorted as soon as you can. You may not be able to actually book a resort until you find one with your date open, or be prepared to be flexible with your date.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#14 jennifernoel1

jennifernoel1
  • 179 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay
  • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

@awc271011

you've answered for all of us. You're right on Point

@Khryniw14

Congrats and happy planning

You're In the right place to get all the information you need

#15 Khryniw14

Khryniw14
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Mexico
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

oh my! I definitely want it to be afforable for everyone that will be coming. This May thing makes me nervous. I do have a little bit of time... when I said 2014 I really meant 2016! :) silly typo!

How far in advance do resorts book up? We are flexible and would even consider other months but don't know if there are any other smart months... We feel silly planning this far in advance but we are such rookies with travelling that we want to get these basics covered.

I will update once I have talk to the travel agent!

#16 atennille

atennille
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Congratulations, this site is awesome !

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

event.png

#17 jennifernoel1

jennifernoel1
  • 179 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay
  • LocationFort Lauderdale Florida

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

@Khryniw14 it really just depends on the resort. 

Some hotels book really fast even years in advance. 

#18 AYC

AYC
  • 52 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica
  • LocationIberostar Rose Hall Suites

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

definitely talk to a few travel agents.  I worked with several and then narrowed them down to see which travel agent could lock in the best price and the best group promos!!

#19 maredith

maredith
  • 94 posts
    • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Congrats!! Happy planning!

#20 Dreamteam17

Dreamteam17
    • 194 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
    • LocationCanada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Congrats !! It's all overwhelming in the beginning then once you have dates and check things off you start to feel better.
    We booked a year in advance cause resorts didn't have 2015 prices out yet till then. So the resorts will let you know when they are booking weddings. First thing is finding a resort, what matter to us is the budget for our guests we wanted the most loved ones there as possible so TA helped with that. Then I did my own investigating and looked at wedding packages they offer so I knew that worked for us as well. This site is truly amazing and has everything.

Anyways it will all come together. As for 150 posts it's easy to get once you start in on the forums and talking with everyone.

Good luck and happy planning !!!

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users