Negative Comments About Your Resort

You can ask me as many questions as you want! I was so worried about everything and it was the most amazing time of my life..I wrote the review mainly because i wished I had read one to calm me down before! Haha. Its true that everybody has different taste but we had so many different types of people there and everybody absolutely loved it. Try not worry!

You can ask me as many questions as you want! I was so worried about everything and it was the most amazing time of my life..I wrote the review mainly because i wished I had read one to calm me down before! Haha. Its true that everybody has different taste but we had so many different types of people there and everybody absolutely loved it. Try not worry!

I am so reassured knowing you just had your wedding and you were so happy! I read your review and it all looks so beautiful. You have very good taste!! Everything and everyone looked fantastic!!

I am having trouble really visualizing the Chill Out zone. We have reserved this for our dinner. Mostly because it was private. Is it a restaraunt and then a private beach area?

We have our ceremony at 4pm then get the chill out at 6. I'm wondering if that is an awkward amount if time between ceremony and dinner.

Also what about decorations. Do you feel the chill zone needs some or is it pretty on its own? I bought some light up paper lanterns I was hoping to string around/above the table.

Do they play background music during dinner or should I bring an iPod?

Thanks!!

PS. I hope you don't mind all the questions

Thank you! Our ceremony/reception was the exact same time. Your ceremony will most likely start a little late...ours didn't start until 4:25...woops! but still, it wasn't an awkward amount of time. Many of our guests watched us while the photographer took pictures of the bridal party/families on the beach. It actually went by super fast. The chill out comes with basic white table clothes and the basic white chair covers. I chose different chairs and I wanted a sash that was one of our wedding colorsjust because I didn't want everything super white. They have some lanterns along the floor but if you bring ones strung above or around tables that would be soo pretty! I was just lazy and didn't feel like bringing much from home. They decorate it really pretty and anything you want you can pretty much get through the resort. My husband brought his ipod and asked them to play that music for background music during dinner. I'm pretty sure they would've played some type of music either way.

The set up of the chill out is that it's basically an outdoor restaurant on the beach and it's on a wooden deck so you're not in the sand. it has cabanas all over and it's beachy but fancy at the same time. it has a bar area and everything! really pretty. the sunset gazebo is right in front of the chill out restaurant on the beach. the beach isn't completely private during the ceremony (there were some lingerers taking videos of our ceremony on their ipad...weird!) but after 5:00/5:30 pm they  make any hotel guests leave the beach area in frpnt of the chill out and then it's completely private for your wedding. I am so glad you reserved the chill out! best decision ever. also...the light up dance floor was one of my favorite parts of the wedding...just in case! Annnd if you want to save some $$...use bm bouquets as centerpieces (the wedding coordinator will make it look really pretty) plus the flowers are gorgeous. I didn't pick flowers from the booklet i was given... i just sent the wedding coordinator pics of what i wanted and he got them and it was the same price...guillermo is amazing!

@@Sara1603 - I was actually reallllly close to booking GSP, but changed my mind for personal reasons. Anyway, through this forum, I messaged a few brides who go married there and they RAVED about it! In fact, they shared stories, details, and photos with me! Try messaging some of them!

@@Sara1603 - I was actually reallllly close to booking GSP, but changed my mind for personal reasons. Anyway, through this forum, I messaged a few brides who go married there and they RAVED about it! In fact, they shared stories, details, and photos with me! Try messaging some of them!

Good idea! How did you find brides that have been married there?

Thank you! Our ceremony/reception was the exact same time. Your ceremony will most likely start a little late...ours didn't start until 4:25...woops! but still, it wasn't an awkward amount of time. Many of our guests watched us while the photographer took pictures of the bridal party/families on the beach. It actually went by super fast. The chill out comes with basic white table clothes and the basic white chair covers. I chose different chairs and I wanted a sash that was one of our wedding colorsjust because I didn't want everything super white. They have some lanterns along the floor but if you bring ones strung above or around tables that would be soo pretty! I was just lazy and didn't feel like bringing much from home. They decorate it really pretty and anything you want you can pretty much get through the resort. My husband brought his ipod and asked them to play that music for background music during dinner. I'm pretty sure they would've played some type of music either way.

The set up of the chill out is that it's basically an outdoor restaurant on the beach and it's on a wooden deck so you're not in the sand. it has cabanas all over and it's beachy but fancy at the same time. it has a bar area and everything! really pretty. the sunset gazebo is right in front of the chill out restaurant on the beach. the beach isn't completely private during the ceremony (there were some lingerers taking videos of our ceremony on their ipad...weird!) but after 5:00/5:30 pm they make any hotel guests leave the beach area in frpnt of the chill out and then it's completely private for your wedding. I am so glad you reserved the chill out! best decision ever. also...the light up dance floor was one of my favorite parts of the wedding...just in case! Annnd if you want to save some $$...use bm bouquets as centerpieces (the wedding coordinator will make it look really pretty) plus the flowers are gorgeous. I didn't pick flowers from the booklet i was given... i just sent the wedding coordinator pics of what i wanted and he got them and it was the same price...guillermo is amazing!

Thank you so much for all the information. Silly question...were you able to use real

Candles?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @@Sara1603

I'm a little late in answering to the thread but I felt like I needed to reply! 

I have visited the Grand Sunset Princess twice now.  I went last year in June (2013) and loved it soooooo much that we returned again in September (2013). 

I have been to several resorts in Mexico & Jamaica and I truly can say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the princess.  The service was amazing.  We got to know everyone and by the end of our first trip we knew staff names.  On our return the staff remembered us and it just made our second trip even better.  

The food was amazing.  There are 10 different restaurants - like how can someone not find something there for their personal taste!  We also enjoyed the 24 hour room service (offered with Platinum rooms) and the Paella that was made right on the beach. 

It is such a classy hotel - we had fun getting ready for dinner and we enjoyed the pools and the maid service in our room was amazing.  We felt safe our entire stay. 

We loved it soooo much that we decided that even though we wanted to try something new for our destination wedding we actually just booked our wedding at the Princess.  We looked at different options we just couldn't find anything that we thought would be just as good yet different because we didn't find that they compared to the Princess.  (just my opinion)

The rooms are nice and modern- and if you do have any issues the hotel is really great at fixing things. 

I'm so sorry that the store clerk gave you that feedback.  Who knows where her manners come from and if she is that rude to you, maybe she was rude at the hotel too.  Negative people tend to have a hard time seeing the good everywhere.

Chin up, you have an amazing venue for your wedding!  Good luck and congrats! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @@Sara1603

I'm a little late in answering to the thread but I felt like I needed to reply!

I have visited the Grand Sunset Princess twice now. I went last year in June (2013) and loved it soooooo much that we returned again in September (2013).

I have been to several resorts in Mexico & Jamaica and I truly can say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the princess. The service was amazing. We got to know everyone and by the end of our first trip we knew staff names. On our return the staff remembered us and it just made our second trip even better.

The food was amazing. There are 10 different restaurants - like how can someone not find something there for their personal taste! We also enjoyed the 24 hour room service (offered with Platinum rooms) and the Paella that was made right on the beach.

It is such a classy hotel - we had fun getting ready for dinner and we enjoyed the pools and the maid service in our room was amazing. We felt safe our entire stay.

We loved it soooo much that we decided that even though we wanted to try something new for our destination wedding we actually just booked our wedding at the Princess. We looked at different options we just couldn't find anything that we thought would be just as good yet different because we didn't find that they compared to the Princess. (just my opinion)

The rooms are nice and modern- and if you do have any issues the hotel is really great at fixing things.

I'm so sorry that the store clerk gave you that feedback. Who knows where her manners come from and if she is that rude to you, maybe she was rude at the hotel too. Negative people tend to have a hard time seeing the good everywhere.

Chin up, you have an amazing venue for your wedding! Good luck and congrats! :)

Thank you for all the positive comments!! It is so reassuring to hear people that have been here before chose to come back for their wedding. I'm starting to get really excited about it all.